Job description / Role
Chalhoub Group is a leading partner for luxury brands across the Middle East primarily focused on the beauty, fashion and gift sectors. The group has a growing workforce of 14,000 employees based around 14 different countries around the region.
We are currently seeking an HRBP to join our team to support with strategic and operational HR initiatives!
You will be responsible for enabling a business portfolio of brands/competence center within the vertical. You will be leading a team of Analysts and Specialists to enable and drive business growth through engagement of vertical staff.
Your role will vary and will be responsible for HR consulting including process improvement, operational activities and projects to support excellence in store operations and ensuring a full hybrid employee experience. The role is centered around the pillars of Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Talent Management and being a Change Catalyst.
In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
What you will do:
- You will participate in implementing and providing improvements to the HR policies and procedures to deliver high-quality services
- Provide subject matter expertise in the field
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of team members to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and in compliance with established standards and procedures
- Champion the relationship building with the brand leaders and their team to extract business imperatives and priorities of the brands with respect to people and align on solutions/deliverables that support the brand strategy
- You will partner with Captain on people matters to support long-term vision, including change management
- Maintain short-term and long-term capacity plans, reward and recognition plans and employee engagement plan
- You will assess and anticipate people-related needs, aligned with the Group's people strategy
- Foster collaboration between departments
- Build partnerships between business and HR functions (Learning, Comp & Ben, Talent Manageent, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management) to obtain value-added service
- Provide career guidance to employees and develop understanding of employee career aspirations and engagement or disengagement level
- Provide support to captains on employee journeys, according to their aspirations and capabilities
- Act as an employee champion and consultant
- You will lead annual manpower planning with Brand Leaders and ensure vacancies are managed in line with the approved budget and executed as per the correct recruitment process
- Participate in the recruitment process for frontline and professional staff albeit assessment centres or competency based interviews
- Review all proposed internal transfers within the vertical and provide recommendations
- Enable Managers to lead Performance Management (PDR and KPI) for respective population
- Lead the creation and implementation of other performance management tools/processes that are more customized to the functions (ex: front liners' assessment, competencies framework assessment, etc.)
- Create a high-performance environment within vertical; differentiate high/low performers
- Ensure TNA has been conducted in coordination with the brands' line managers; review and challenge proposed IDPs
- Ensure constant coordination with Group L&D to setup the training calendar
- Liaise with the retail academy on the different trainings being held and receive trainers' feedback on trainees' engagement and learning experience
- Champion the participation of population in COSI meetings to ensure transfer of know-how
- You will be responsible to create a key talent/fast tracking mindset within vertical
- Ensure adherence to talent management cycle through proper talent identification, calibrations and development
- Lead the development of initiatives in line with Localization Strategy
- Ensure all escalated employees' grievances are closed
- Propose new employee induction programs to ensure the kick-off of an improved employee journey within the Group
- Develop and motivate team members to ensure transfer of know-how and continuous positive work environment
- Monitor team members' performance and provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize efficiency
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
You will demonstrate great leadership skills and a consultative approach towards the business. Your ability to engage and communicate with a diverse range of people will ensure your success with us!
- Previous experience of working in a similar field; HR Consultants, HR Advisors, HRBP etc
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years in a similar role
- Have high emotional intelligence
- Have a people-oriented attitude with experience in engaging in people development
- Arabic is a plus
- University degree in HR, Business or any related fields preferable / Master's degree is a plus
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.