Job description / Role
This role will be SHARJAH based and the successful candidate will need to be comfortable commuting between several Sharjah based office locations to support the clients different entities under the Group umbrella.
Specific focus will be on partnering with the business and providing expert guidance and support to stakeholders regarding HR issues, along with working on strategic HR Projects to bring added value.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to and support the delivery of HR strategy in line with business objectives.
• Work in partnership with the operational management teams to identify opportunities and areas for support from the People and Culture team.
• Deliver best in class operational HR service to stakeholders with a focus on continual improvement to processes, procedures and systems.
• Activities include new joiner and exit processes, internal transfers and promotions, employee files and records, payroll and benefits enrolment and policy queries.
• Assist in development and implementation of best practice human resource policies and procedures that contribute toward positioning the organisation as an employer of choice.
• Support line managers in managing performance formally and informally.
• Ensure compliance with performance management processes.
• Provide coaching and support in relation to managing performance and disciplinary matters.
• Participate in annual Merit and Bonus program.
• Support and coach line managers on employee relations issues.
• Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations, and guide the business toward positive resolution of issues and grievances.
• Ensure compliance with labour laws and that policies are applied consistently and fairly across the business.
• Work closely with line managers and employees to foster positive working relationships, and to increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
• Implement effective retention measures, conduct exit Interviews and evaluate areas for improvement.
• Extract relevant data from HRIS and other sources to enable effective tracking of HR metrics.
• Prepare reports and presentations, evaluate and analyse trends and information to add value to organisational decision making.
• Work with business leaders to forecast resource and skills requirements based on agreed operational plans.
• Advise on optimal organisational structure, conduct ongoing supply and demand analysis with business partners and translate into talent acquisition strategies.
• Facilitate onboarding processes and deliver Induction / Orientation programs for new hires.
• Design, oversee and implement appropriate compensation and benefits programs.
• Monitor grade and reward structures, evaluate market intelligence, competitor and industry packages and trends, and consult business partners to ensure reward and commission structures are aligned with organisational goals.
• Research and make recommendations on Insurance plans and other benefits.
• Work closely with business leaders to identify and nurture key talent, provide appropriate opportunities for career development and engage in succession planning to grow the capability and productivity of the business.
• Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes including sourcing, screening, assessment, interviewing and offer negotiation. Liaise with Agencies as required to fulfil requirements.
• Remain current on trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to compete in market and within industry.
• Lead and/or participate in HR projects as outlined in the People and Culture Strategy Plan.
To be successful in your application for this role you will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Psychology
• A CIPD Qualification or progress toward achievement of an equivalent qualification will be an advantage
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in an HR Generalist environment in the UAE
• Sound knowledge of UAE employment laws and relevant legislation
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic will be an advantage
• Currently based in UAE
About the Company
Kershaw Leonard is committed to finding First Class people for its World Class Clients. Since our inauguration in September 1999, We have become well-respected specialists for all aspects of Human Resource Consultancy and Recruitment, and bring a standard of professional conduct (through the Recruitment Employment Confederation UK) to the industry here in the Middle East. Our qualified Consultants deliver a unique quality of service that is designed to meet the individual needs of both Candidates and Clients.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover permanent, temporary and contract staff, and Executive Search, in the following sectors:
Senior Executives and Directors; Design; Engineering and Construction; Finance and Banking; Human Resources and Training; IT and Telecoms; Legal; Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Media; Office Management; Retail; Sales and Marketing and Secretarial and Business Support.