Job description / Role
HR Executive (Based in the UAE)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- The HR Executive will be an active member of the regional HR team and will be responsible for providing a professional HR support to the entire Rapid Access organisation.
- The HR Executive is the primary administrator for employee benefits and contact for counseling employees with questions about benefits, policies and other employment practice related issues. The role holder will be required to carry out a range of operational and administrative duties across a number of functional areas including HR projects, onboarding, exit formalities, employee relations, HR information systems, maintenance of personnel records, reporting, HR policy administration and implementation and employment-related legislations compliance.
- Working alongside both the HR Advisor and the Resourcing Business Partner, the HR Executive will act as a reliable source of information and advice about the best HR practices.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to line managers and staff on all aspects of the application of HR practices and processes.
- Stay up to date with changes in laws that impact HR policies & producers and accordingly recommends the necessary changes to the local HR Leadership team.
- Reinforce the performance management culture by assisting managers to drive the performance of their teams through effective application of performance appraisals, goal setting, KPI tracking and PIPs.
- Assist with Group and local HR projects such as wellness days, engagement surveys, quarterly recognition scheme, rollout of new systems, company events and redundancies.
- Assist the HR Managers with disciplinary and grievance cases in line with the HR policies and procedures.
- Assist the local HR Leadership team in researching and analysing salary rates and benefits offered by Rapid competitors and in the general market.
- Assist the Resourcing BP in the on-boarding process of new joiners by:
- Organising the employment visa/work permit by liaising with the PRO
- Organising the flights and hotel booking for new joiners who are relocating to the Middle East region or within the respective geographic area
- Conducting the HR induction i.e. informing the new employees about medical insurance benefits, HR structure, HR services etc.
- Manage effectively the company medical and life insurance plans by:
- Acquiring competitive rates through effective negotiations of the annual premiums.
- Renewing the plans and ensuring that the workforce receives their health cards without any delays.
- Adding new joiners, deleting leavers, updating the insurance provider of changes in employees’ salaries, number of dependents and marital status (to be completed within 3 working days as of the effective change date).
- Answering employees enquires and assisting them with any claim issues.
- Verifying that insurance invoices are accurate.
- Manage effectively the exit formalities of departing employees by ensuring that the following tasks are completed accurately and without any delays (e.g. Deactivation of work email, termination in Enable (HRIS), cancellation of employment visa/work permit, preparation of EOS calculation, conducting the exit interview and transferring of EOS funds).
- Departing employee should be contacted within 2 working days as of the notification of resignation to inform him/her about the exit formalities and the timelines of each step.
- Departing employees should receive their EOS pay outs no later than 5 working days as of the last working day.
- Ensure that the Enable system is updated with any changes regarding employee salaries, benefits, employment status or personal details (to be completed within 2 working days as of the effective change date). Moreover, troubleshoots any system errors and work closely with the supplier to resolve the respective issues. Also, performs any testing required for the rollout of a new functionality and support the local HR Leadership team in launching the respective tools to the organisation.
- Prepare company letters (e.g. salary certificate, no objection certificate for travel, employment certificate, incentive letter, salary review letter, no objection certificate for driving etc).
- Produce ad hoc reports based on the management request.
- Provide holiday cover and support for the Payroll Officer in relation to the monthly payroll.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed in accordance with Rapid’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Undertake any other reasonable request made by Senior management or the HR Leadership team.
AED 9,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in HR /HR Shared Service Center in similar role in Middle East region.
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent work experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of HR processes and systems
- Must have working knowledge of Regional Labor Laws, Middle East customs and work regulations.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 4 years of work experience in HR /HR Shared Service Center in similar role in Middle East region.
- Maximum monthly Total Salary is AED 9,000.00 plus Standard benefits
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.