Job description / Role
Support the day-to-day activities of the HR and Admin department
Responsibilities include but are not limited to - processing employee data, assisting in the hiring process, maintaining absence records, LTA records, medical insurance negotiations and maintaining all records of applications and cards, assisting in company formation, assisting in finalizing various HR & Admin vendors (further detailed in the below description). To be successful in this role, you should have solid organizational skills and be familiar with HR and Admin functions.
• Organizing events, birthdays; making hotel/flight bookings, preparing for onboarding new joiners and their joining process.
• Provide HR support and advice to employees and reporting managers, explaining policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner, with regards to leaves, medical insurance, leave travel allowance, ticket bookings, hotel bookings, visa support, etc.
• Validate each vacancy and pre-screen applicants
• Oversee the probation process and ensure objective assessment of performance
• Enter data into the HR system so that accurate records are maintained.
• Manage the absence recording system, request medical certificates where necessary, etc.
• Administer the probationary review periods and ensure timely completion of the same.
• Review candidates and schedule interviews
• Maintain the employee master database.
• Manage the leaver/ employee exit administration process i.e., collection of an access card, parking card, sim card, laptop, etc., and accordingly cancel SIM card contracts, access cards, etc.
• Assist the HR & Admin department with the development and maintenance of HR & Admin policies and procedures.
• Liaise with PRO and Government Relations Business Partner to support with employee/ family visas; NOCs, Free Zone visas, Renewals of Trade License, VAT certificates, Emirates id card issuance, scanning of documents, etc.
• Create a table and maintain all company tenancy contracts, Trade License, etc. issue date and expiry dates, regularly update group entity master file
• Liaise with various third-party vendors and building management connected with all group companies, maintain records about them, negotiate better renewal terms e.g., for medical insurance, office insurance, workmen compensation, AC maintenance, facilities cleaners, tenancy, looking for new offices, etc.
• Liaise with external company formation companies to ensure accurate documents are shared with them to create and form new companies.
• Educational qualification: Bachelor’s degree.
• At least 5 years experience in an administrative role
• Customer Service Oriented – Good communication and people skills, energetic, enthusiastic, proactive and takes initiative to study the requirements, handle the issues & resolve issues of internal and external customers.
• Team-oriented– Actively promote a cooperative/ positive team spirit and respect the diverse contributions of various Teams, Service Partners, and Overseas Agents /Networks, Create and build value for the company and its stakeholders. Good understanding and living up to the company’s values.
• Possess good communication and strong interpersonal skills, Fluent in English- both written and spoken including the ability to communicate with confidence.
• Computer Skills - Strong working knowledge of HRIS software systems, Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Presentation, Word, and Excel.
• Achievement/Results Orientation
• Logical reasoning process
• Recognizing the need to change
• Helping and informing others
• Creative Thinking
• Conflict Resolution
About the Company
DFreight is a digital freight forwarder company.
We provide an online collaborative platform to streamline the shipping processes. We aim to make the best freight forwarding experience for both customers and suppliers through technology solutions and utilizing data that provides efficiency, transparency, and cost-effectiveness.
At DFreight, we dedicate our time to improving the transportation industry. We use cutting-edge technologies, state-of-the-art equipment, and a team full of professionals to provide our valued customers with the smartest logistics solutions. DFreight has gathered together more than 50 professionals in two main offices located in the UAE and Armenia.
Our vision is to develop the most advanced freight forwarding platform so that our customers can manage their whole supply chain, including shipments, cargo, and freight. We run our business fully aware of our duty to generate added value in everything we do, to satisfy our employees and partners, as well as to make investments that contribute to their development.