Job description / Role
One of the leading Oil and Gas companies globally with operations across the GCC. We are now looking for a key individual as HR Manager. The role is based in Dubai but responsible for Iraq and will involve travel to both the North and South of the country
• Protect interest of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
• Define all Human Resources programs, and authority/responsibility of Human Resources and line management within those programs.
• Provide necessary education and materials to management and employees.
• Assist in overseeing implementation of programs through Human Resources staff.
• Work closely with Managers/Supervisors throughout Product Divisions, determining HR and staffing needs.
• Assist Managers/Supervisors with layoffs, disciplinary actions, terminations, promotions and transfers.
• Review employee appeal process and keep employees informed of its existence.
• Recruit through various methods to ensure good candidate selection.
• Interview prospective candidates, verifying employment history, coordinating pre-placement exams, etc.
• Prepare offer letters.
• Handle employee complaints, concerns, and disputes.
• Translate or explain to employees complex company policies and rules to ensure understanding and compliance.
• Direct preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
• Counsel with Managers/Supervisors regarding wage structures and title changes.
• Review Performance Appraisals and assist in determining merit increases.
• Maintain employee files, training, medical, etc.
• Supervise administration of the companies policies and procedures at all locations.
• Prepare and deliver presentations and reports to management regarding human resources management policies and practices and recommendations for changes.
• Communicate with Employees on company provided benefits
• Assist with training workshops as needed.
• Coordinate employee meetings and functions.
• Assist with relocations for employees.
• Work closely with Legal Department to resolve employee related legal issues.
• Conduct new-hire orientation and exit interviews.
• Participate in networking HR groups within industry.
• Maintain and update accurate job descriptions for all positions.
• Coordinate distribution of service awards.
• Coordinate temporaries to meet changing departmental needs.
• Ensure compliance with federal regulations and maintain various records to ascertain compliance with outside agencies and internal audits.
• Establish salary ranges, job titles and descriptions as needed.
• Investigate Workers Compensation incidents, reporting and follow-up. Coordinate with Corporate Risk Management and Safety Departments.
• Supervise HR contact’s efforts in the various product locations.
• Know and understand The Companies Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of the company.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years HR experience from a multinational company. Oil and Gas experience would be a distinct advantage coupled a western education.
This role is only open to Iraqi Nationals.
About the Company
Mackenzie Jones Middle East has decades of recruitment expertise in various industry sectors. Along with a deep understanding of key market sectors and regions, we never forget to treat clients, companies and candidates as individuals who have unique needs.
So we always listen, constantly learn, occasionally challenge and frequently advise. Its all part of a service renowned for its courtesy, consideration and dedication. Based in Dubai since 2006, our office covers the GCC and Levant countries and with the right regional expertise, we are the leading specialists.
Were growing rapidly because people appreciate our honesty, commitment and results.