Job description / Role
Our Client is a leading independent provider of corporate, trust and fund services to the financial services sector worldwide, employing hundreds of staff across a the world. The position of HR Officer is a full-time, permanent role and forms part of the Dubai office comprised of around 30 staff. The HR Officer will work directly with senior leadership, offering advice and guidance, as well as solutions for continuous improvement.
* The successful candidate will be required to work independently with minimal instruction on day to day work.
* The role requires a strong self-starter to lead the development and implementation of people management strategy across the organization, working with senior leadership team to optimize organizational effectiveness, goals and priorities.
* Models and acts in accordance with the Clients guiding principles and core values.
* The incumbent will support initiatives including, but not limited to, assisting on proactive planning, organizing, and implementing processes and programs in functional areas such as compensation and benefits, departmental development, employee relations, training and development, performance management, orientation, recruitment, diversity and miscellaneous projects.
* Minimum 5 years HR Generalist experience.
* Bachelor’s Degree from reputed university required / Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Good computer skills and experience on MS Office packages.
* In-depth knowledge of UAE employment law and HR practices with a solid track record in managing/advising on complex/sensitive legal issues as well as considering the impact of new legislation and devising new HR policies and procedures.
* Strong customer service skills and the ability to manage situations promptly and professionally, meeting commitments for service and assistance.
* Able to maintain effective communication at all times.
* Contributes to building a positive team spirit and puts success of team above own interests.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to read. analyse and respond to common inquiries.
* Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of internal customers and employees.
About the Company
Kershaw Leonard is committed to finding First Class people for its World Class Clients. Since our inauguration in September 1999, We have become well-respected specialists for all aspects of Human Resource Consultancy and Recruitment, and bring a standard of professional conduct (through the Recruitment Employment Confederation UK) to the industry here in the Middle East. Our qualified Consultants deliver a unique quality of service that is designed to meet the individual needs of both Candidates and Clients.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover permanent, temporary and contract staff, and Executive Search, in the following sectors:
Senior Executives and Directors; Design; Engineering and Construction; Finance and Banking; Human Resources and Training; IT and Telecoms; Legal; Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Media; Office Management; Retail; Sales and Marketing and Secretarial and Business Support.