Job description / Role
The HR and On-boarding Administrator is primarily responsible to assist with the efficient and effective HR related administration of the HR Shared Services and on-boarding new joiners. This role will also require regular follow-ups and coordination with internal stakeholders to ensure adherence to governance and control around administration and On-boarding processes.
Structure and reporting relationship
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager
Based on the specific requirement of the role
- Coordinate with recruitment teams and candidates for smooth on-boarding and ensure required approvals and documents are in place before new joiners are on-boarded
- Prepare new employee files, ensuring they contain all relevant and required forms and scan all documents uploading them onto the shared drive
- Responsible to co-ordinate with E&Y for employee's tax briefing and ensure employee's tax liability status is confirmed before joining
- Responsible to ensure all the information required from a system perspective is captured, follow up on missing information and send SAP hiring request
- Coordinate with travel desk to arrange mobilisation flights and hotel accommodation
- Ensure all communications with stakeholders involved in recruitment and on-boarding process is completed in a timely manner
- Coordinate with PROs and candidates to arrange labour approval and visas as per the UAE labour law
- Maintain a tracker for new joiners to ensure required documents are collected within defined timelines and the escalation process is followed regularly to notify recruitment of updates
- Coordinates hiring communications for candidates to be offered ensuring candidates receive their contracts and offer letters, complete and send forms and are aware of requirements for visa preparation process
- Raise and manage Purchase Order numbers for the HR Shared Services team
- Audits and arranges signatures on employee related letters (Salary Certificates, NOC's etc.), scans and records the soft copies and ensures the hard copies are sent to employees in a timely manner
- Assists the HR Shared Services teams with administration based tasks, such as distribution of medical insurance cards, data gathering, data validation, data entry, scanning, printing, expense submission etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant and approved HR Shared Services documentation is recorded, tracked and shared with the relevant department for uploading to the Company's central documentation repository. Therefore, ensuring the most up to date documents are available for use by employees
- Work in partnership with HR colleagues to assist in the organization, monitoring and execution of HR Shared Services related administration to enable the provision of a professional service
- Develop an effective working relationship with other HR based departments to facilitate efficient processing of multi department dependant tasks
- Performance of other administration related duties as directed by the HR Shared Service management
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- High school qualifications
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in HR/Administration field is a must (Middle East experience preferable)
- Experience within a Multinational company (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
- SAP experience is preferred
- Experienced PC user familiar with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Sufficient typing speed and accuracy
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficient in Arabic; reading, writing and speaking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and confident in communicating with people across all levels within the company
- A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines on assigned projects
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot possible errors and escalate concerns or queries to the relevant people
- Self-starter, with the willingness to learn and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle confidential information in strict confidence
- Ability to work in a fluid, diverse and fast paced work environment
- Service focused
Additional / special features of the role
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements always whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.