Job description / Role
The MENA Amazon logistics (AMZL) HR team is seeking an experienced candidate as a HR Program Manager to lead change projects that sit under the umbrella of PXT team. The role will lead cross functional and cross business line projects that evolve the way AMZL operate. This will involve designing, leading and managing end to end change programs impacting field operations and our associates. You will own interpretation and presentation to peers and senior leaders (HR & Ops) of outputs from listening mechanisms that help inform thinking on how best to evolve the people agenda within operations. Partnering with field HR this role will support development initiatives for operators and represent the HR voice in key change initiatives relating to workload, well-being and career development. This is a hands on role requiring a proven understanding of operations, so will suit those with a genuine passion in change management, organisational and operational design.
The successful candidate will be required to work cross-business line evolving best practice for AMZL, from project scoping to implementation, using analytical insight to spot gaps and by drawing on industry best practice that facilitate effective organisational change. To do so, it will be necessary to foster strong relationships with HR and Operational teams as primary customers and partner with WW product owners and stakeholders. We are looking for an individual with a background in HR, Operations, ER or similar with a proven track record of project management and delivering change involving ambiguity under short timelines. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate a passion for grass roots operations putting associate retention and attraction front of mind.
You must be comfortable designing and building projects and processes from scratch as this role is a newly created role which is likely to evolve quickly and has high levels of ambiguity with pace. Successful candidates will have an ability to problem solve through data driven evidence, can prioritize well, communicate clearly, network effectively and show ownership through a consistent track record of delivery. Additionally, candidates should demonstrate a logic driven mindset executed through strong project management discipline (evidence of managing complex change is preferable). This role is an exciting and varied individual contributor role spanning a range of projects that sits within the HR team. If this sounds like you, come and join us!
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leading highly visible, complex and time bound change projects that require thought leadership, bold direction and clear plans communicated regularly
• Building a network cross-business line, attending meetings to represent AMZL
• Build project plans from scratch, update regularly and unblock bottlenecks
• Being the HR representative on cross functional projects that impact people leadership, influencing direction through data
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to pilot initiatives supporting AMZL employer brand proposition
• Write updates and papers scoping new project initiatives, contribute to full communication cadence (WBR, MBRs) and produce regular project updates
• Partner with peer project leads to address employee or associate sentiment mechanisms by proposing and implementing solutions that enable flexibility
• Ability to take decisions and lead in a highly ambiguous environment
• Have a pulse on the external labor landscape to spot and recommend opportunities for continuous improvement
• Feed into the learning and development agenda through cross-business line career growth initiatives
• Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
• The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and deliver results
• Ambassador for people and HR function" Operational partnership with the ability to interface at all levels of the organization
• Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
• Fluent command of English with exceptional verbal and written communication
• Background in HR, Operations, Legal or similar demonstrating an understanding of holistic retention, attraction and brand impacting strategies
• Ability to manipulate and interpret employee data sets, setting bold direction and providing clear reporting to stakeholders
• Proven track record in running multi-function projects and programs across the full project lifecycle from concept to implementation
• Able to logically scope complex projects (occasionally technology focused) and distil into simple solutions or actions
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to make data-based decisions
• People who are naturally customer obsessed and put the associate front of mind
• Deadline-driven action oriented mind-set, with roll up the sleeves attitude - ability to deliver under tight time constraints
• Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
• Experience with MS Office tools
• MBA Degree or Masters in HR related field
• Experience as a people leader, with passion for individual development
• Experience in L&D strategies
• Led highly visible complex change programs
• Formal project management experience
• Industry affiliation related to people agenda
• Ability to understand and communicate complex processes to non-technical and technical colleagues.
• Proven analytical capabilities; experience developing audit reports and metrics decks
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.