Job description / Role
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
That’s our slogan, and we stand by it. So, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can to support all our team members which is why we are now introducing this role within the HR Team supporting our Delivery Station teams.
Working closely with Human Resources and the leadership team to ensure a great experience for our associates and managers, if you have an interest in Human Resources this could be the right opportunity to help you move into this field.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Data entry in a variety of systems including Excel files, HRMS, and other miscellaneous reports.
-You will be the first point of contact for our associates and will drive a positive associate experience.
- Managing and reporting time and attendance.
- Entering sick notes, vacation, absences and night shift on system and communicate entries to payroll team.
- Monitoring absences in cooperation with Area Managers.
- Create variety of standard reports.
- Dealing with day to day queries (e.g. pay, attendance, policy guidance) and where necessary directing queries to the best person or team to deal with them and managing query management system.
- People related administration and coordination tasks (e.g. new starter processes, expenses queries).
- Providing accurate and timely management information, and ensuring compliance with Company process, data protection requirements and best practice with regard to maintenance of HR systems and records.
- Supporting HR and management on a wide variety of people related topics and projects including support for engagement activity.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
- University degree
- Fluent knowledge in written and verbal Arabic & English languages.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment and remaining close to the detail, working to resolve issues in a timely manner. ·
- Good IT competence (Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, HR systems e.g. PeopleSoft.
- High volume administration experience (including systems/database administration) in HR, recruitment or payroll.
- Experience of working with hourly paid employees.
- Someone who can work independently; multitask, organise and prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail is a must together with comfort handling a wide range of data (including sensitive and personal information.
- Maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality, and ensuring the integrity of HR records and conduct.
- Being a trusted and professional ambassador for HR and Leadership team.
- An enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn and flexible in approach.
- Knowledge of basic employment law and HR / Payroll practices would be advantageous.
- Preferred to have administrative experience such as data entry, managing data driven report processes or detailed processes that have a lot of components to manage.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.