Job description / Role
The HRIS Officer supports and maintains Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS) to maximize effectiveness of HR business operations. He/ she assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Officer also supports the HR department with analysis reports generation, and trains employees on system usage.
- Determine the functionality (set-up, changes, updates, corrections, etc) of the HRIS system. Responsible for data integrity, table maintenance, system changes and testing, and report generation.
- Assist in the technical support of the information system central to all the HR and Payroll functions.
- Facilitate the improvement of existing approaches to administrative tasks that enable the daily functions of the HR office and Payroll office to work more efficiently.
- Work on problems of various scopes where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Recommend changes to existing procedures and practices based on analysis of data.
- Oversee the specifications, development and implementation of new or redesigned systems, reports, and procedures for HR module users to ensure efficient business processes.
- Act as a liaison on HR system-related matters with outside departments.
- Interact with IT staff in order to resolve HRIS issues as well as support HRMS upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Produce reports on HR metrics to assist line and HR management to assess the effectiveness of people management practices, including recruiting, employee relations, performance management, retention, turnover, talent management, mobility and career progression.
- Coordinate and/or participate in HRIS special reporting including demographic, statistical and financial analysis.
- Prepare reports for employee data contained in the HRIS in response to requests from users.
- Develop training and documentation on overall HR system for employees and management.
- Implement all sort ad-hoc reports such as anniversaries, headcount & turnover analysis.
- Developing and Managing Self-Awareness (Foundation)
- Technical competencies required for the role
- Drive, Entrepreneurship and Adaptability (Foundation)
- Collaborating for Efficiency (Foundation)
- Communicating Effectively (Foundation)
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.