Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
HSE Advisor - Major Exhibition Programme
Reporting to the HSE manager, the HSE advisor will implement and monitor the client’s vision with regards to the management of health, safety and environmental issues for the participants’ plots/pavilions within their designated zones.
The HSE advisor will advise the construction team within their zone on the responsibilities with regards to health, safety and environmental matters.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining the health, safety and environmental assurance standards and ensure all projects are compliant with them.
• Communicating all health, safety and environmental requirements through the supervision consultants to the projects.
• Conducting daily HSE inspections.
• Providing weekly HSE information to the HSE manager for reports as required.
• Reviewing risk assessments as per approved method statements against actual activities on site.
• Reporting, recording and assisting where necessary to investigate any accident/incident/near miss on site.
• Ensuring project welfare facilities are suitable and sufficient and comply with the client’s standards.
• Conducting HSE audits as per the programme to monitor compliance with the client’s requirements; monitor the resolution of actions and close out of non-conformities.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum 5 years’ professional experience as a health and safety practitioner is essential.
• Previous HSE experience in Dubai is preferred for client approval.
• Managing health and safety on major projects/programmes.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
• Good organisation, prioritisation and planning skills.
• Good record management skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• A degree qualification is essential for client approval.
• NEBOSH diploma or similar qualification.
• A member of relevant professional body.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.