Job description / Role
Stantec is looking to hire a HSE Engineer to support on a large office building complex which will accommodate the Client’s administration and operation employees. The project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
The Engineer shall implement the Safety rules of the company and the client, supervise the different areas in order to promote and maintain a safe working environment.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Preparation and review of HSE Plans, risk assessment, HSE procedures, audit plan
• Conducting HSE audits, inspection, incident investigation as per OHSAS 18001 requirements, OSHAD, International and local requirements
• Good knowledge in the local requirements and regulations for OHSAD, AD municipality, Dubai Municipality, JAFZA Code of practices
• Coordination with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies
• Ensure compliance by all parties with Company’s HSE requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including rules and regulations (as amended from time to time)
• To manage in a manner that achieves quality installations meeting performance parameters set out in the Statement of requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by the company.
• To ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by contractors, are in accordance with the respective agreement with the company.
• To ensure compliance with the company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by Company from time to time.
• Review and approve the HSE deliverables of the project.
• Monitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
• Develop & execute a personal HSE intervention plan.
• Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours in all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in HSE meetings.
• Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks
• Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
• Review HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement, Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
• Implement improvement & prohibition notice to contractors set up recommendation & corrective action with the close out date follow up the same
• 7 – 12 years of related experience on construction related operations
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering
• NEBOSH Diploma or IOSH Grad
• OHS Practitioner Certificates
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills.
• A customer-focused approach, possessing impressive communication skills.
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives and the capabilities to meet tight deadlines.
• Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
• Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec policies, procedures and working practices.
• A flexible approach to working hours and travel.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
HSE Engineer - High Rise
Experts Vision Consulting (EVC)
HSE Manager - High Rise Construction
Health and Safety Officer