Job description / Role
Global Village is currently looking to hire a HSE Inspector for a 1 year contract. The primary objectives and responsibilities of the position is to provide assistance to HSE Department in day to day activities before, during and after the Global Village Season.
The position is responsible for promoting the awareness of HSE management system concepts, including emergency preparedness, for all participants in GV event. The position reports to the HSE Manager of Global village. Major responsibilities include identifying and assessing unsafe acts and unsafe conditions, compiling the inspection reports, taking care of HSE assets, providing guidance and advise on workable solutions for corrective measures. Liaising with Project management, Consultants and Contracting agencies, Investors and authorities.
• Implement and assist the HSE Officers and HSE Manager in managing GV HSE Managing GV HSE Management System, and assist to coordinates the participation of other departments and stake holders.
• Conducts workplace HSE assessments and reviews work activities that require permits to ensure safe performance; reviews safety performance of contractors; performs site HSE inspections, as per the schedule, and as needed to ensure safety of construction phase and Operations phase.
• Assists on the investigation of accidents and/or incidents to ascertain cause and need for corrective action; assist in the development and implementation of measures and strategies to prevent recurrence.
• Conducts regular safety audits and inspections of the park including the inspection of pavilions, restaurants, kiosks, service facilities, and funfair area to ensure compliance with required work place safety standards, regulations, and GV HSE policy; prepare HSE inspection/audit reports; may compel cessation of work in order to address potential imminent hazards; monitors changes and/or makes follow-up inspections.
• Coordinates plans, and implements the actions and recommendations of the HSE Department; provides technical assistance and advise to the organizers and other concerned parties.
• Provides HSE induction training, tool box talks trainings and other HSE trainings to the contractors, investors, service providers, GV staffs, consultants etc. as scheduled or as and when required.
• Assists in implementation of GV Permit to Work System; manages, issues and monitor work permits.
• Prepares weekly and monthly reports; maintains proper documentation to conform with record-keeping requirements.
• Take direction from and provide advice to HSE Manager and Global Village Operations, as it relates to the efficient administration of programs and events within the park.
• Prepare and monitor reports, as required by the management.
• Ensure programs and events are designed to convey the Park’s vision and mandate;
• Follow all GV policies as they relate to general office protocol and specifically for park operations and safety.
• Assists in carrying out risk assessment and implementation of the same.
• Ensure that any accidents and incidents are recorded and reported in an appropriate manner; assists in accident/incident investigation and reporting.
• Actively promote a strong Health and Safety culture amongst staff and contractors within the park
• Any degree or Diploma.
• NEBOSH-IGC or equivalent
• Fire Fighting, Prevention and Emergency Response
• Accident Investigation
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in HSE functions preferably in an inspectorate role or large scale construction projects.
• IT literate
• Report Writing
• Fluent written and spoken English. Hindi or Arabic fluency will be an added advantage.
• Ability to communicate at all levels is essential
• Highly developed oral and interpersonal skills
• Assertive, self-starter, able to work under limited supervision to meet program goals and deadlines
• Ability to make Safety technical decisions
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG) is a Dubai, United Arab Emirates, based entertainment company, a new business vertical of Dubai Holding. AMG is one of the region’s leading entertainment organisations, covering radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. With a vision inspired by innovation, AMG is positioned as an engaging premier integrated entertainment company, managing Global Village, Arabian Radio Network and Done Events. Founded in March 2005, AMG has a workforce of just under 400 staff across its two Dubai-based offices.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Officer / Engineer (Oil & Gas)
Copperfield Business Consultancy
Fire & Safety Technician/Officer
A Leading Shipping Company in Fujairah
HSE Team Leader
A Leading FMCG Company in GCC
|Ras Al Khaimah||4 Apr|
Officer - HSE
Oryx Engineering Solutions