Job description / Role
We are looking for HSE Inspectors with MEP background/experience. Candidates must have NEBOSH IGC.
You will ensure employers comply with all aspects of health and safety laws and that workplaces are not the cause of ill health, injury or death. You'll do this by inspecting business premises, advising employers and investigating accidents, and through enforcement of the law.
Work activities vary depending on the geographical location and specialism but generally include:
• Visiting business and industrial premises to inspect processes and procedures and ensure good health and safety practice;
• Investigating accidents and complaints and determining if there has been a breach of health and safety law;
• Carrying out examinations of machinery, working environments and structures, taking measurements of noise, heat, and vibrations, and taking photographs and samples where necessary;
• Ensuring workers are provided with suitable protective equipment, such as eye goggles, ear protectors or appropriate types of gloves and clothing;
• Investigating precautions taken to prevent industrial diseases;
• Investigating procedures for working in hazardous environments or with potentially harmful substances;
• Keeping up to date with new legislation and health and safety standards;
• Staying informed about developments within particular sectors, e.g. in agricultural or construction settings;
• Providing specialist advice and information on health and safety to businesses and organisations and advising on changes required;
• Negotiating with managers and operators to try to eliminate possible conflicts between safety considerations and production/profit;
• Writing reports on results of inspections and investigations and completing detailed paperwork;
• Determining when action, i.e. notices or prosecution, may be necessary and gathering and presenting the appropriate evidence;
• Developing health and safety working programmes and strategies;
• Developing methods to predict possible hazards drawn from experience, historical data and other appropriate information sources;
• Preparing for, and presenting court cases if a decision is made to prosecute and also appearing as a witness in court or at an employment tribunal;
• Providing training and educational support to employers and new or trainee employees.
Candidates at a min. must have NEBOSH IGC, UAE construction experience, Speak Hindi
• Candidates at a min. must have NEBOSH IGC, UAE construction experience, Speak Hindi
• Must be readily available in Dubai
• Can join immediately
• High school education and relevant experience on health and safety
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Engineer - High Rise
Health and Safety Officer
Lead Health & Safety Officer - Facilities Services