Job description / Role
NOTE : French language skills are a MUST.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Site HSE Supervisor will report to the Production Product Line Construction Manager and will be responsible for implementing HSE Policies and Regulations on the construction site and taking the lead in establishing a safe environment for the construction team. He will be accountable for implementing the Construction HSE Plan and enforcing the safety policies and procedures that reduce the risk of accidents. The role is based in Republic of Congo, on a 6/2 rotation, with no B2B. Accommodation will be camp style. Flexibility on shift pattern may be required, depending on project progress or critical activities occurring at planned leave dates.
- Responsible for HSE-related construction activities in accordance with Client safety policies and procedures, and for promoting a Safety-First culture among sub-contractor personnel.
- Provide the Construction Manager with the necessary health and safety support and advice.
- Monitor compliance with the company's HSE system by conducting routine site inspections and internal auditing.
- Monitor compliance with site safety regulations and ensure that they are prominently displayed.
- Implement the Project/Construction Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Plan and prepare JSRA and other related procedures.
- Participate in or conduct routine HSE Toolbox Talks and job-related safety meetings. Assist Construction Supervisors in delivering Pre-Task Briefings to the workforce regarding the control measures identified in risk assessments and the safe system of work that must be followed.
- Prepare a Weekly/Monthly HSE Report for Customer Representatives in consultation with the Construction Manager.
- Conduct a daily inspection of the working areas and record observations in the Daily Observation Register.
- Unsafe conditions and behaviours must be immediately reported. As required, raise Near Miss/Incident Reports.
- Assist the Construction Manager and construction supervisors in conducting risk assessments and identifying safe work methods for inclusion in safe work method statements.
- Create and deliver internal health and safety training courses for the site team in accordance with the approved training matrix.
- Ensure that the level of HSE competency of site personnel is consistent with the approved HSE plan.
- Monitor the HSE performance of subcontractors and prepare statistics for client submission.
- Develop and deliver the Site Safety Orientation Training for all workers including Subcontractors and visitors prior to starting work or visiting the site
- Assist the Construction Manager in the development of safety procedures for high-risk activities and assist in briefing of the workforce on their responsibilities under these procedures. Audit against these procedures regularly and report any noncompliance to the Site Manager
- Review the Subcontractor Health & Safety Plans and risk assessments.
- Conduct the incident investigation and deliver the report to the Construction Manager and QHSE Manager within the specified time frame.
- Conduct the drills and exercises on managing emergency situations.
- Audit the registers and permit systems maintained for lifting equipment, lifting accessories, excavations, confined spaces, hot works, Lock-out/Tag-out, etc.
Job Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience as safety officer in Oil & Gas or related Construction field (Minimum 10 years)
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Proficient in ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 standards.
- Knowledgeable in high-risk activities such as Confined Space Entry, Hotworks, Excavations, safe systems of work etc.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment and to cope with pressure in a positive manner while working to deadlines within a busy and demanding environment.
- Experience in preparing risk assessment, writing reports and procedures for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to think critically
- Excellent communication skills (Proficient in English & French) with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Engineering Degree (chemical, industrial, mechanical, or equivalent) or Safety and Occupational Health Degree
- Certification in occupational health and safety, preferably Level 6 NEBOSH or equivalent
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & ; Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
RTC-1 Employment Services
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Deputy HSE Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services