Job description / Role
Our client is an leading contractor. They are looking for a passionate, ambitious and energetic Health & Safety Manager with a 5 years minimum experience. We are not looking for an experienced 20years+ candidate for this role. The company will develop, train and mentor the successful candidate on their large construction & civil engineering projects.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to General Manager.
- Able to coordinate and monitor all disciplines of Health & Safety across the project.
- Able to implement and manage a safe system of work and encourage safety awareness and improvement.
- Proven ability to manage projects of similar size and nature to deliver completed quality work on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate a multi-national team on projects of similar size and nature.
- Proven ability to work co-operatively and effectively with a wide variety of interests/authorities.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in respect of international contract laws as they apply to large scale event overlay installation.
Qualification and Experience
- UAE resident
- Minimum years of relevant experience:
- Middle East: 5 years
- Overall: 10 years with 3 years as HSE Manager
- Good oral and written English language, with good computer skills
- Must have worked with a reputable contractor previously on civil engineering or building projects (no oil and gas/ epc)
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (NVQ5 / BSC Diploma)
- BSc / Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited University
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Health and Safety Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Health, Safe and Environment (HSE) Supervisor – Arabic Speaker
|Al Ain||8 Oct|
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
HSE Manager - Airports
|Saudi Arabia||22 Oct|
HSE Manager - Airport Construction