Job description / Role
• Facilitate the implementation of applicable HSE elements of the Integrated Management System (IMS) on assigned project / operational location.
• Monitor project / operational location activities in respect of legal and other HSE compliance, report identified issues and to provide guidance / assistance to operations team as necessary.
• Identify and communicate opportunities to improve HSE related IMS documents to Corporate HSE Manager.
• To devise and implement Project HSE Plans and associated procedures.
• To devise and implement Project Emergency Response Plans.
• To ensure Project HSE legal register is maintained and compliance evaluation reviews are completed.
• To evaluate / review work methodologies and preparation of suitable and sufficient risk assessments.
• To devise and implement active site monitoring programmes to verify legal and other HSE compliance, report identified issues and provide guidance / assistance as necessary.
• To devise and implement Project HSE Training Program.
• To participate in Internal Audits or external audits conducted by third-party certification body.
• To ensure closure of any non-compliances identified through Audit or inspection processes.
• To establish HSE related procurement requirements and to conduct technical evaluation and approve of all related products.
• To conduct review of HSE manning requirements and participate in recruitment process as required.
• To mentor contractor and subcontractor HSE staff as required.
• To conduct HSE Team performance evaluations.
• To devise and implement HSE incentive and disciplinary processes.
• To attend all Client / Client Representative meetings and site inspections
• To report all HSE related incidents to Project Management, Clients and Corporate HSE Management.
• To lead, or assist with the investigation of HSE related incidents (as required);
• To submit all incident notification and investigation reports to Project Management, Clients and
• Corporate HSE Department.
• To submit all HSE performance reports to Project Management, Clients and Corporate HSE Department.
• To represent the organisation on all matters related to HSE on subject Project / operational location.
• To stop any activity where imminent danger to employee, subcontractor or visitor’s health and welfare may exist.
• To raise violations notices against any individual found in breach of Company HSE Rules.
• Any other duties as may be required by the Department Head / Organization
• Previous experience with DEWA projects and DEWA approvals will be an advantage
• Should have minimum GradIOSH membership in IOSH
• Working in Consortium domain will be advantage
• Should be very well versed with UAE & International laws and regulations
• Working knowledge of megaprojects is desired but not mandatory
• NEBOSH International Diploma or same level of national qualification
• Certificate in OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor course
• Technical certification on Health, Safety and Environmental related from DM accredited institute
• Ability to develop management system
• Excellent knowledge of local laws and regulations
• Proven ability to develop comprehensive plans, reports and documents
• Approved by Regulatory Authority
• Member of Professional body
• Certificate in ISO 14004:2004 Internal Auditor, certificate in LEED GA or PQP and certificate in NEBOSH
• Environmental are desirable
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.