Job description / Role
Responsible for the design, implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, safety and security policies, procedures and programs for the Organization. This position will develop and provide technical and administrative directions on all HSSE decisions, which bear critical importance to overall objectives, operations, and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs the resources and activities of the Department to support the HSSE programs by providing advice and guidance to HSSE Manager and Senior Management team.
• Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Department to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSSE and balances overall associated costs.
• Review internal HSSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new policies and practices from these assessments for implementation.
• Control, regulate and enforce all rules and regulations.
• Ensure compliance with legal and other regulatory requirements, including relevant international conventions.
• Co-ordinate the activities of the various Government institutions and other Agencies.
• Serve as an expert within the field of HSSE when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues and third party safety & liability issues.
• Assist HSSE Manager in staffing and directing the HSSE Department, including the management of all Field Safety Managers and staff Training, planning, assigning and directing work and addressing complaints and resolving issues.
• Responsible for the development of an annual budget recommendations and implementation.
• Provide regular written statistics, reports and updates to the HSSE Manager and Senior Management Team.
• Assist project team in investigating all incidents and ensure proper records are completed and submitted. Implement corrective actions as it relates to the incidents and ensure “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the Organisation and are incorporated into the program, as necessary.
• Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs to staff and all stakeholders which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSSE consciousness.
• Organise and actively participate in safety meetings across Organizations locations to review HSSE performance and policies
• Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position.
• Obtain ISO/OSHAS and other relevant certifications.
• Conduct site visits/audits
• Participate/attend industry related conferences when requested to do so.
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Education – A bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Engineering or related technical field with relevant professional diplomas/certifications such as NEBOSH diploma.
• Experience – Minimum Fifteen (15) years of industrial health safety and environmental experience at Senior Management level, of which at least 5 years in a similar position.
• Must possess advanced knowledge of industrial practices, regulatory agency requirements and standards with a strong Ports and Oil background.
• Communication Skills – Must have very good written and oral communications. Required to speak effectively before groups of Senior Management, customers contractors, and/or employees of the organization.
• Computer Skills – Excellent computer skills required. Should be capable of defining HSE systems requirements.
• Reasoning Ability – Use of basic reasoning, thinking “on your feet”, and ability to resolve issues quickly. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format. Ability to make good judgments and render good decisions
About the Company
Vrinda is a Talent Sourcing Company.
Incorporated in 2006, this entrepreneurial journey has metamorphosed to a transnational organisation business operations in Asia, Europe & US.
With a meticulous focus on driving successful hires, we’re a new type of partner and a new type of recruiting system. Our systematic, process driven approach to recruitment ensures engagement with the right talent and a superior candidate experience.
Our offices in London, San Jose, Dubai, New Delhi & Gurgaon are independent units lead by our regional directors, supported by highly talented back-office in Karnal (Haryana, India).
Our clients include 32 of fortune 100 companies.
Our Values: Flexibility, Transparency and Compassion.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Health & Safety Engineering Expert
Safety Manager - Construction
Big Fish Recruitment
Big Fish Recruitment