Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Major Accountabilities Of Position:
- Liaise with office and project management as the HSE focal point for all aspects of project delivery and business support of project delivery.
- Provides support and oversight to successfully set up and mobilise projects; facilitates HSE resources as required and actively visits work locations and sites to assess the risk and the effectiveness of HSE practices in place, and escalates emerging risks to the Project Director, Local Operations Manager and Assurance Director.
- Monitors the effectiveness of risk management and treatment activities within projects, offices and other workplaces ensuring data is proactively captured and learnings used to improve the Safety and Well-being of the organization.
- Provides insight and advice to support local leaders with project planning and decision making by scanning emerging HSE risks, learnings and exposures; engages people in the management of HSE and ensures they are aware of their accountabilities..
- Facilitates implementation of HSE and Sustainability plans, programs, and tools and supports preventive action management processes and corrective actions including facilitating lessons learned and review discussions, investigating events, and supports the maintenance of HSE related certification as needed.
- Challenges and influences internal and external stakeholders to apply human performance and bold ways of working; drive local campaigns; and implements training for HSE programs, systems and associated processes as required.
- Potential for short interim mobilisation to site in s upport project start-up until mobilisation of Project HSE Resource is appointed.
- Provide advice and support including conduct HSE risk assessments and investigations, create Event Review Board presentations and Company HSE Alerts.
- Conduct regular HSE conversations, leadership interactions, talks, training sessions, implementation of HSE measures, promotion of safe work practices and ensuring interest and awareness of HSE is maintained at all levels.
- Gather end of project data to validate and improve benchmarking for estimates and performance improvements.
- Maintain strong relationships with business development, support pursuit and local growth efforts, assist with development of proposals, and work to ensure estimates include adequate HSE resource allocation and engage with the Regional and Business Managers to stay abreast of regional and updated business strategies.
- Monitor the effectiveness of HSE risk management activities within projects and offices, particularly for any significant changes and provide advice and support.
- Support project HSE risk / lessons learned workshops, reviews and discussions as needed and assist with development and achievement of risk mitigation plans.
- Communicate relevant and timely HSE information to the right stakeholders. Contribute to continual improvement and achievement of stated performance objectives by raising awareness of trends, risks and emerging themes.
- Provide HSE support to local offices, including remote offices. Be proactive in seeking out and elevating any areas of exposure for both the business and for individuals.
- Participate in operational meetings, including Monthly Project Reviews and Office HSE Committees as requested by business management.
- Ensure vehicle and driver programs, including journey management, are effective and provide a robust oversight reporting for driver performance.
- Assist and review facilities management where needed with office facility HSE requirements, including regular office HSE inspections.
Knowledge / Experience / Competencies Required
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of HSE business and project processes and field practices with working knowledge of Risk and Quality.
- Experience with project delivery procedures and processes related to HSE.
- Understanding of commercial and strategic business drivers that support strategic achievements.
- Stakeholder management and leadership skills.
- Good presentation, training and communication skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in workshop facilitation, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Strong time management skills including ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
Industry Specific Experience:
- HSE experience and background experience in Risk and Quality Assurance
- Industry relevant experience including in a site-based project HSE, role on medium, large or complex projects involving procurement and contractor management
- Proven track record of effective HSE management system maintenance and improvement
- Proven HSE Management System's Auditing experience
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised degree and relevant accredited qualification/experience
- Accredited Nebosh Diploma
- Training accreditation preferred
- ISO 45001/ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Qualification preferred
HSE L eadership Capability:
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety, and environmental performance.
- Exhibit leadership and commitment to meet the Worley Life approach.
- Ability to collaborate within teaming environments, contribute to as well as support Worley initiatives and ideas of other assurance and business colleagues.
- Has an outward orientation, understands how the business works and is commercially astute.
- Is curious and empathic, creating globally diverse trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deals with ambiguity, searches for insight, challenges and facilitates thinking to achieve mutually desired outcomes.
- Develops and guides assurance team members fostering one networked team collaboration to build and refine collective capabilities and knowledge assets.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.