Job description / Role
A leading international EPC contractor who specialises in a wide range of activities in refineries, gas and petrochemical plants, providing design and construction services are currently looking to recruit an HSE Manager for their UAE business.
• Supports the Top Management in the HSE Policy and Guidelines issue.
• Supports the Top Management in the Organization roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety aspects.
• Supports the Top Management in the HSE Management System standard issue.
• Ensures, in accordance with the corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
• Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
• Provides for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
• Assists Assists the Commercial, Engineering and Operations Department in their dealings with Clients in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
• Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
• Takes part in accident/incident investigation.
• Carries out analysis of accident/incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
• Provides technical support to Senior Management on any safety-related subjects.
• Carries out any in-house safety training.
• Carries out safety audits on Sub-contractors.
• Liaises between Clients on safety-related issues.
• Performs Risk Assessment.
• Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
• Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on the preparation of plans and procedures for the initial contract, start up activities.
• Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
• 10 or above years’ experience in Health, Safety and Environment and Fire Services in hydrocarbon processing plant, of which 6 years should be in a supervisory capacity, 5 years in gas plant or refinery operations.
• Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the Company
Adept Personnel's sole focus is the International construction market, recruiting all levels of project management staff across all of the industry sectors. With 20 years experience we have developed long standing relationships and unrivalled market knowledge meaning we are constantly adding value to client organisations and jobseekers alike.
Our team is made up of high calibre recruiters who have developed proven track records within each of their chosen sectors. It is this experience that allows us to fulfil our goal of customer satisfaction by successfully finding the talent needed to deliver on each assignment we take on.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Safety Inspector / Safety Engineer
A Leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi
|Abu Dhabi||6 Dec|