Job description / Role
The HSE Officer will be responsible to support the HSE Manager in the application of all effective Health and Safety areas on the Project/s on which he/she has been assigned. The HSE Officer Officer directly reports to the HSE Manager and has line relations with the Employer's, Construction Manager and the Engineer's Representative on all HSE matters.
Inspection & Compliance
- Ensure revisions to safety plans are provided by the contractor. Files a copy of each approved safety plan in HSE Department files.
- Notifies the HSE Manager of changes to contractor HSE personnel. Obtain CVs and conduct interviews and Site appraisals of contractors HSE personnel. Raise correspondence to contractors on acceptance / rejection of contractor safety personnel.
- Ensure the implementation of the client Accident and Incident Reporting Protocol by contractors (initial SMSs, further SMSs, Incident /Accident Notification Forms, Investigation Reports).
- Monitor the work of contractors both independently and jointly with ADPI engineering personnel : against Federal Law, DM requirements, client requirements, safety plans and method statements. Use the ADPI HSE violation process as a formal means of raising any HSE deficiencies and seeking improvements. Ensure contractors improve HSE at Site and close out the ADPI HSE Violation records by completion of section provided on HSE Violation Report Forms.
- Daily inspection of site.
- Point out safety issues and to suggest corrective measures.
- Contribute to safety targets like reduction of accident frequency rates.
Documentation and Record
- Advise ADPI engineering teams that all ADPI personnel (including new starters) must receive an HSE induction from the Main Contractor for projects to which they have been deployed. Check and audit attendance records for this periodically. Advise on personnel who have received no induction.
- Permits to Work - Monitor Contractor's compliance with the clients requirements for the use of "Permits to work". For example a Hot Work Permit.
- Assist the HSE Manager in compiling records and reports.
Training & Evaluation
- Ensure that all contractors are included in regular liaison on health, safety and environmental management issues, between parties on Site including the Employer, the Engineer, associated contractors, and sub-contractors on Site.
- Ensure minutes of meetings are produced in draft by the contractor within 48 hours, and issued for comment.
- Provide feedback to contractors and ensure final issue before next meeting.
- Attend weekly/monthly safety meetings.
- Assist HSE Manager in conducting HSE training
- 5-10 years' experience in the field of HSE for Construction Industry, background in Architecture / Engineering is advantage (Bachelor's at a minimum)
- 7 years of experience in heavy construction safety is a must to have.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA construction standards
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training
- NEBOSH is a must to have
- Experience with Safety Management Systems highly preferred:
- OHSAS 18001/ISO45001 and ISO 14001
- ANSI Z10
- OSHA VPP
- QHSE Training
- Six Sigma
- RCAT LEAD
- IEMA(Environmental Auditing & Assessment)
- Well versed in MS office Application
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels when it comes to HSE at site.
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.