Job description / Role
Job responsibilities include:
• Supervise safety adherence at site while works are executed at site.
• Plan and arrange all safety related resources and equipment at site to ensure safe work procedures.
• Conduct safety inspection of sites, vehicles and handle incident/accident investigations
• Maintain incident/accident records, prepare incident/accident analysis reports, hospitalization reports and find solutions to reduce lost time.
• Educate employees in safety procedures through tool box talks and regular safety meetings and trainings.
• Conduct pre-operational risk assessments on new sites
• Report, operational checks for the HSE Head to show compliance with ISO standards.
• Propose improvements to the system including corrective measures, required resources for corrective action and plan implementation.
• Propose ways to communicate effectively Health & Safety best practice with staff and workers.
• Investigate the reasons for HSE complaints placed by stakeholders (Staff, customers, clients, contractors etc.)
• Collaborate with HSE team in analyzing accidents and communicating mistakes to people involved.
• Ensure that employees, contractors and site visitors receive HSE inductions
• Bachelor or Diploma. Additional qualification in Health and safety will be a plus
• Holder of UAE passport and family book
• NEBOSH / IOSH Certified
• 1 - 3 years’ experience as a safety officer
• Ability to learn with the ambition to grow
About the Company
The Dulsco story began in 1935 when Mohammed Khan Abdulla Mirza Abdulla, the father of the present Chairman of Dulsco, Abdul Aziz Mohammed Khan Abdulla, appointed some able-bodied men to row their dhows through the Dubai Creek to a British India Steam Navigation Company owned ship at anchor in the Arabian Gulf, and bring ashore its cargo of foodstuff and clothing. Our stevedoring service launched then is still one of the many services that we provide. We consider ourselves the oldest stevedoring company in Dubai.
By the 1970s and the opening of Port Rashid in Dubai, we were a full-fledged stevedoring company serving the port. We started providing more manpower services by the 80s and became one of the earliest human resource management companies in Dubai.
In the 90s we began providing manpower outsourcing services and later we added waste management and other services to our portfolio. In 2005, Dulsco became a limited liability company and expanded its services to include all the emirates and neighbouring Gulf countries and today is one of the foremost HR solutions provider and recruitment agencies in Dubai.