Job description / Role
As HSEQ Engineer you are responsible for proper execution and maintenance of HSEQ policies and the Management System in order to comply with company and applicable (industry) standards.
This in such a way that a safe and qualitatively working environment can be delivered in compliance with company policies, client requirements and industry standards.
You are responsible for, and shall contribute to achieving the goals of the Business Unit by providing operational and other relevant input.
You shall conduct business in an ethical and responsible manner, at all times serving the interest of the company. You will act in line with the corporate policies and procedures as laid down in the Statement of General Business Principles and the Code of Conduct.
You are responsible to timely involve the respective critical functions within your Business Unit and within the company in your day to day activities.
All activities within your responsibility must be in line with the SHE policy, with the ultimate aim of zero personal accidents, zero damages to equipment and property and zero incidents with environmental impact .
In your role you shall provide leadership towards achieving the ‘No Injuries, No Accidents’ objectives of our company and comply with the NINA Safety Program.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Promoting SHE-Q awareness and facilitating SHE-Q training / familiarization.
• Providing Risk Management Support (contributing to Risk Assessments, Job Hazard Analyses, revision of Assessments and Analyses).
• Carrying out SHE-Q inspections and internal audits.
• Investigating of incidents, analyzing, assessing corrective measures and monitoring the implementation of corrective measures.
• Maintaining required SHE-Q records and regularly drafting of reports.
• Coaching, providing training on-the-job and directing of reports.
• Ensuring proper execution and maintenance of the SHE-Q policies, processes and the Management System.
• Provide input for the register of country specific legislation.
• Review client specific requirements and advise project teams accordingly.
• Preparing and providing SHE-Q deliverables and documentation.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree OR Nebosh certification
• Minimum of 4 years working experience in HSEQ in the maritime or Oil & Gas environment;
• Experience in a Corporate environment.
• Applicable (industry) standards, guidelines and legislation to perform the role while engaging in Diving or ROV operations.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.
Solar Project - HSE Manager
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
A Leading Solution Integrator Provider In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||28 Apr|
EHS Specialist / Leader
Manpower Middle East