Job description / Role
- Ensure that all PSI safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Review structural arrangements using the Classification Society rules while considering shipyards construction restraints.
- Review and check basic design drawings and calculations to support ship classification and detail design activities.
- Develop production design work package documentation using Aveva Marine software, such as 3D model, workshop drawing, assembly drawings, panel line milling and cutting information for release to production.
- Interface with the Building Method planner, Transportation planner, and other design department engineers to ensure the Hull Design information includes information such the proper part destination, lifting back-up structure, and penetrations.
- Provide field engineering support as required to support production activities, blue mark inspections or responding to production questions developed throughout construction of the ship.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or an Associate's Degree in Technology, Drafting or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in shipbuilding or steel construction
- Experience in ship structural design or equivalent structural experience
- Experience with 3D modeling software such as Tribon or Aveva Marine
- Proficiency with MS Office and 2D CAD systems such as AutoCAD
- Proficiency with metric system preferred
- Knowledge/experience concerning modern shipbuilding practices
- International experience or familiarity with European and/or Asian Shipbuilding Standards
About the Company
Established in Canada in 1992 - STREIT Group is one of the world's leading, privately owned armored vehicles manufacturers with 12 state-of-the-art production facilities and 25 offices worldwide. More than twenty three years of war zone experience made STREIT Group one of the most trusted and reliable suppliers of armored vehicles.
We produce a large variety of Armored Personnel Carriers, Cash-in-Transit, Luxury and Security vehicles which are designed to provide effective protection in high-risk situations. All our vehicles undergo internationally recognized ballistics and impact tests, with STANAG 3 certification for military tactical vehicles and VPAM BRV 2009 VR7 for luxury and special purpose vehicles.
We are a leading supplier of armored vehicles with 100% safety record; our vehicles are deployed by armed forces all over the world. We take no chances when it comes to saving lives.