Job description / Role
The Arbor School is seeking an experienced HVAC & BMS Supervisor to join our team immediately.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team of an extraordinary ecological school in Dubai, based on the National Curriculum for England with a core philosophy centred upon ecoliteracy, sustainability and environmental justice. The school features truly unique facilities, including six biodomes, learning gardens, maker spaces and extensive provision for both sports and the arts.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate technical expertise in Chiller operated HVAC maintenance and BMS operability and will also be able to diagnose faults and repair HVAC equipment.
We invite applications from exceptionally hard working and motivated candidates, who are excited by the opportunity to take an important role in this unique environment. We seek people who are passionate and curious and can form excellent relationships with colleagues.
• Carry out inventory checks and condition surveys of all Chiller operated HVAC equipment and controls systems, including identifying any immediate preventive or corrective maintenance required, and be able to recommend any repairs or replacements needed.
• Provide inspection and quality control function over AMC contractors and ongoing PPM programs.
• Design and implement to all MEP equipment tagging and identification program.
• HVAC controls adjustment to optimize efficiency and performance through BMS and manually.
• Assist with any unresolved HVAC maintenance issues.
• Take immediate action on all alarms during normal working hours.
• Repair/Correct alarm condition if possible, otherwise start follow-up trail for each alarm.
• Be proficient with use of Building Management Systems, accept and log all complaint, status, and follow-up calls.
• Check BMS system and update all work orders.
• Maintain up to date & complete system documentation in BMS system for all repairs or changes to the system.
• Comply with departmental policy for HSE.
• Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
• Work with other trades on the site.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of planning, configuring, operation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC/refrigeration equipment is a must.
• Experience with estimating time and materials.
• Superior verbal and written English language communication skills.
• Proficient in reading electrical, control, HVAC and refrigeration schematics.
• Proficient with computer programs, including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
• Capable of configuring and operating BMS preferably Schneider technology.
• Physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift, and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment.
• Ability to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
• Ability to work on roofs of buildings.
• Required to work in all weather conditions.
• Required to work 6 days a week except Fridays.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Chiller operated HVAC systems in the UAE
• Minimum 3 years’ experience configuring and operating BMS systems
All positions attract a generous renumeration package including a competitive salary, private medical insurance and end of service gratuity as per the UAE Labour Law.
To apply for this position please send your applications online.
The Arbor School reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the termination of the advertisement date, so early applications are encouraged.
The Arbor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to CV and qualification checking, interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
All appointments are subject to Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation approval.
About the Company
The Arbor School is an ecological school delivering the National Curriculum for England focusing on ecoliteracy, sustainability and environmental justice, from FS1 to Year 8.
Our facilities are both outstanding, unique and include six climate-controlled biodomes, learning and reflection gardens as well as an extensive provision for both sports and the arts.
By joining the Arbor School you will be part of a supportive team of staff that is willing to go that extra mile to foster a positive, caring and compassionate learning environment, which is anchored by a deep sense of environmental justice and sustainability.
MEP Coordinator - Immediate
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||13 Sep|
Plant/HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) Engineer - Hospital
VAMED Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||2 Jan|
Manazel Real Estate
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Facilities Management
Opus Recruit Middle East
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)