Job description / Role
Our client is a global diversified energy group wholly owned by the Government of Dubai. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineering (HVAC, Fire Protection system, Plumbing, Utilities) to provide design, engineering and project support, to deliver medium and small Building Project(s) through all stages complying with engineering standards, process, procedures and guidelines to ensure reliability and integrity of assets.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate HVAC, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Drainage System, and Utilities discipline activities in the assigned area or team to meet all the Functional objectives in line with project and business objectives.
• Coach and mentor UAE Nationals and Graduate Engineers to bring them to operational level Engineers.
2.2. Policies, Processes, Systems, Procedures, and Controls
• Support in developing Project specific Policies, Systems, Procedures and Controls for the Mechanical Engineering discipline.
• Implement approved Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Project(s) or part of the projects.
2.3. Budgets and Work Plans
• Provide inputs to the Principal Mechanical Engineer or Project Manager for the development of Budgets and Work plans for the assigned Projects.
• Appraise and/or Justify on any significant variance to the Budget and/or Work Plans to Peer Team.
2.4. Technical Support & Specialist Consulting Studies
• Conduct or Coordinate Technical & Conceptual studies and Services through specialist Consultants to ensure all work activities are managed and carried out in accordance with contractual obligations.
• Ensure that consultants / engineering contractors’ designs are submitted in accordance with the Scope of Work (SOW) and facilities delivered to end-users are safe, reliable, operable and maintainable.
• Develop cost-effective and value added engineering solutions throughout the duration of projects.
• Participate and contribute in Assets Integrity Issues/studies to ensure reliable asset life.
2.5. Discipline Specific, Design & Inter-Disciplinary Check
• Develop Conceptual, FEED and Detail design of HVAC, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Drainage System, meeting design intent, ensuring compliance to safety, integrity, sustainability practices and statutory requirements.
• Support review process in line with Stage Gate project life cycle processes.
•Ensure Quality and Compliance for specific Discipline Engineering by approving Design, Calculations, Analysis, Engineering Specifications & Data sheets, Collection of input data from Site/Operations.
•Develop HVAC and Utilities in accordance to ASHRAE/BS standards pertaining to specific Discipline Engineering Design, Manufacturing, Inspection, Testing, Installation & Commissioning practices.
•Ensure LEED Norms are incorporated in the Buildings design thru construction and handover.
•Develop Fire Protection, Drainage and Plumbing design calculations in accordance to BS standards.
•Support and Develop Pre-front-end-engineering-design (pre-FEED), Front-endengineering-design (FEED) and detailed engineering of component systems.
•Develop specific Discipline Engineering deliverables such as Heat Load Calculation, HVAC Equipment Selection, Make-up air calculation, Ducting Design & Layout, Piping Material Specification, HVAC Control System Logic, Development of Piping Layout Drawings, Piping General Arrangement Drawings, Piping Isometrics, Valve Data Sheets, Material Take-off, Drainage plan & layout drawings.
•Develop Mechanical Data Sheets, Specific Requirements and Requisitions for HVAC Equipment, Pumps, fire protection equipment, compressors, tanks/vessels, Dosing system, etc.
•Develop/Review tender documents, specifications, datasheets, verification of design and calculations for accuracy.
•Identify and obtain approval for Technical deviations on work requirements & standards in coordination with Peer Team against the discipline Standards and Procedures.
•Develop a maintenance schedule to OEM Buildings Mechanical system standards.
•Ensuring Quality Control and Sign-off at Stage Gate control points.
•Ensure Engineering standard practices and Inter-Disciplinary Check (IDC).
•Conduct Factory Acceptance Test, Site Acceptance Test, to ensure design intent and performance of the system.
•Coordinate and/or conduct Discipline related field & soft studies and analysis are conducted to establish baseline for Design, Reliability and Integrity.
•Contribute to Value Engineering exercise to optimise life cycle cost ensuring quality to meet design and operational intent.
•Support in review before release, all Request for Proposal’s, vendor proposals/ quotations, clarifications, etc.
•Support Technical Evaluation, for selection and finalising Equipment, Package items, Third Party Specialist Studies contracts.
•Review vendor documents e.g. drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations for accuracy and compliance to specifications, standards.
2.7. Performance Management
•Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section and achieve personal objectives in line with the Balanced Scorecard framework.
2.8. Knowledge Management
•Support or Contribute in Knowledge Management of the Discipline by assimilating the Lessons Learnt, review / shortlisting, revision / development and publishing of technical documents.
2.9. Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
•Support the EHS culture and comply with relevant ENOC Group EHS policies, procedures and standards in line with local regulations, legislation, international standards and best practices.
•Ensure ENOC Group Sustainability policies, processes, procedures & standards are implemented across the Function in line with international standards and best practices.
2.10. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
•Identify and recommend improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency and productivity.
• Support an organisation culture that encourages innovation, enhances employee motivation and supports implementation of Change Management initiatives.
• Design and/or Support the implementation of new tools, techniques and technologies to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of delivering Company products, operational processes and services in the Department.
2.11. Risk Management
• Identify and assess relevant domain risks and implement measures to manage and/or mitigate all identified risks from a Function perspective.
2.12. Engineering Documentation Management
• Identify and Prepare document repository for maintaining Building Mechanical Engineering (HVAC, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Drainage System, Utilities) Discipline Documents and Drawings in line with Company guidelines, systems and procedures.
3.0 Key Working Relationships
• Maintain regular work related contact with immediate Supervisor and Managers, peer Discipline Heads, Project Manager(s) all reporting staff and team members as required, on matters related to Buildings (HVAC, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Drainage System, Utilities) Engineering Policies and Processes, EHS and Project specific issues.
• Regular contact with local and international vendors and third party service providers (e.g. Consultants and Contractors) to establish relationships or to obtain Technical support and services.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a concentration in HVAC and five (5) years of experience in applying the discipline skills in the oil and gas industry.
• Understanding of a variety of the discipline’s concepts, practices and procedures.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in office productivity tools such as the MS Office suite of products and Adobe Acrobat.
• Intermediate English language proficiency (IELTS score of 6.5 or above or a TOEFL score of 79 or above)
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.