Job description / Role
The HVAC Technician operates, maintains, and repairs all HVAC system such as AHU, FCU, Exhausting and Extraction (EF) Systems, and their control systems for the hotel.
Hotel Overview: Nestled amongst the hidden valleys of the majestic Al Hajar Mountains, Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort lies along the coastal region of Dibba, the second largest town in the emirate of Fujairah. Set against a dramatic backdrop of rugged terrain, travelers can expect to discover a destination lauded for its natural beauty, with archeological and heritage sites all within easy accessibility from the resort.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the HVAC Team Leader/ Senior Duty Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintenance and repair of electrical system, air conditioning, refrigeration, heating and ventilation systems. Maintains records of PPM, spare parts and materials used.
• Reads shop drawings and layout plans for installation repair and modification work, liaise with vendors and service providers for AMC services and repair problems.
• Follows preventive maintenance program for HVAC systems, air conditioning, refrigeration and heating equipment, works closely with other maintenance and trades personnel to determine and coordinate repair and modification needs. Prepares and maintains records, correspondence and reports.
• Takes frequent rounds of entire HVAC and electrical system’s plant rooms and prepare reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Implements and enforces all safety procedures.
• Advanced knowledge in principles of refrigeration, heating, and air handling
• Knowledge and skill in hand tools and diagnostic equipment used in maintenance and repair.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Minimum six (6) years of experience in HVAC field.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests