Job description / Role
The HVAC Technician will ensure the smooth running of all HVAC equipment within the Hotel.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Shift Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To assist the Shift Supervisor in every aspect of the operation as requested
- To perform all duties efficiently and quickly
- Ensure Engineering store is correctly maintained and par stock levels maintained
- Strict adherence to safety rules at all times
- Conduct departmental training and ensure training program and records are up to date.
- Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- To check wastage and ensure optimum usage of material in the operation
- Ensures adherence to Fairmont's Code of Ethics brand
- All other duties as assigned
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Ability to complete requests in a timely, accurate, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- 3 years hands-on experience working in respective trade
- Previous Hotel experience an asset
- Experience Working in the UAE is an asset
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- A self-starter, take initiative, can make decisions in fast-paced, changing environment
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.