Job description / Role
Reports To: Duty Engineer / Shift Leader
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To maintain all Heating, Ventilation & Air-conditioning equipment and installations in good working condition by carrying out necessary repairs and preventive maintenance.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following:
- Reports to the Duty Engineer / Shift leader regarding daily work progress and work order completion.
- Attains all A/C complaint reports on daily basis. Guest room trouble is given priority.
- Works closely with Duty Engineer / Shift leader and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and annual maintenance program.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
These includes but are not limited to the following:-
- Able to read Building services, Air-conditioning and Electrical drawings.
- Able to fault find and repair air-conditioning and building control systems. Good electrical knowledge.
- Knowledge of BMS systems.
- Experience of reciprocating Chillers and Air handling plant and cold rooms.
- Familiar with planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programmes.
- Flexible and team player - able to work on own initiative.
- Good understanding of water treatment techniques and able to handle chemicals.
- Makes periodic inspection tours to check all refrigeration equipment functioning properly.
- Carries out guest room maintenance according to schedule programme.
- Works closely with electrician to carry out electrical work when required, including functions and parties.
- Daily refrigeration log sheet to be filled and temperature to be recorded.
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by supervisor.
- Keeps all necessary tools in good working condition, keep their working place neat and clean.
- Understand the Raffles Brand and operating standards.
- Participate and assist in other projects as required.
- Minimum 5 years air-conditioning or refrigeration installation or maintenance experience in Industrial/Commercial Projects. Luxury Hotels - Hospitals experience preferred.
- Good all round practical trade skills inclusive fabrication, installation and maintenance.
- Secondary School + Technical College or equal.
- Trade Certificates, City & Guild or equal.
- Preferable apprentice time service candidate.
- Age 25+, Smart, Tidy and Alert.
- Ability to do Gas and Arch welding.
- Good Basic English.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.