Job description / Role
HVAC Technician (Subject to Contract Award) - Success Profile
Reporting to: MEP Supervisor
Division / Function: IFS
Base location: AMMROC
The HVAC Technician will be responsible to ensure satisfactory completion of the allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and remedial repairs on all HVAC services/systems and associated equipment contained in and around the project.
Based on the specific requirement of the role
Key Job Responsibilities
- Carry out the planned and reactive maintenance on the HVAC services associated plant such as, district cooling network, heat exchangers, AHU's, VAV's, FCU's, pumps, heating units, exhaust fans.
- Monitor, rectify and repair HVAC systems and services; maintain and update records on a daily basis.
- Assist in monitoring utility consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update records as required.
- Integrate and communicate effectively with other trade staff (Electrical, Mechanical and Civil) as required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all duties.
- Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems.
- Work alone with minimum supervision and/or within a team responsible to the Supervisor.
- Participate in the Health, Safety & Risk programs including risk assessment of planned and reactive maintenance work activities.
- Use safe systems of work when working with all plant and equipment and ensure the same with the department and among sub-contractors and third parties.
- Participate in project work including refurbishment of existing building equipment/systems and/or new installations.
- Provide effective communication with management, peers, contractors, subcontractors, project subcontractors.
- Ensure good HSQE and Information security culture is promoted within the department and among peers.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the line management.
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
- Attend all toolbox talks and safety briefings.
- Adhere to all HSE requirements and Codes of Conduct of the company.
- Adhere to all Risk Assessments / Method Statements to ensure safe working practices.
- Exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare, and for those affected by their acts or omissions.
- Use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced among subcontractors and third parties working in Serco's controlled premises/systems.
- Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Must hold relevant and recognized trade qualification in the discipline, or equivalent.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of HVAC systems throughout.
- Technically competent with a clear technical understanding of buildings HVAC services and associated equipment.
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
- Minimum 5 year experience in a building services and/or facilities management environment.
- Experience in building maintenance essential
- Experience operating in a Facilities management environment desirable.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.