Job description / Role
- To establish a food safety management system to ensure compliance to national, international food regulations, to ensure safe food to all customers, to have cost effective solutions in quality management, to boost customer confidence, and mandate in hygiene training. Championing of all Sustainability Initiatives and formally representing the Hotel as the "Planet 21" Champion.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times.
- Implement food safety management strategy and plans, including resource and systems to integrate within the property's long-term strategy.
- Develop, direct & implement the designed food safety & hygiene standard.
- To ensure food safety & hygiene compliance objectives are met.
- To measure performance against established standards by regular hygiene walks / audits.
- To verify and filing all the documentation related to food safety standards so that they are compliant to set objectives.
- Update necessary changes in standards (internally and externally initiated) and on performance against standards.
- Participate to ensure the layouts of new outlets to ensure compliance with the food safety standard & the law.
- Develops, directs SOPs of food safety & hygiene standard for operation.
- Responsible for HACCP / other system certification.
- Liaise with Dubai Food Control Authorities & other regulatory bodies to ensure legal compliance.
- Liaise with third party laboratories to ensure microbiological sampling from the kitchen facilities.
- Liaises and co-operate with quality management and standards certification bodies.
- Investigate, analyze guest related food poisoning complaints and recommend corrective actions.
- To analyze the nature of cause of errors / complaints to identify areas needing improvement in process & system.
- Develop Supplier Quality Assurance program in liaison with purchasing department.
- To perform Supplier Audits, reporting non-conformance & upgrade the status to ensure the quality of the products entering in to the distribution, process & system.
- Approves the new supplier after conducting audit & subsequent assessment.
- Certified & approved trainer from Food Control Department to conduct in-house training.
- To conduct Basic Food Hygiene Training & refresher training to staff.
- To conduct Person In Charge training program launched by Dubai Municipality for Outlet Managers and Sous Chefs.
- To develop & implement retention sample procedures.
- Liaise with other departments to establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of food safety issues.
- Assist in developing standards and implementation for Green and Health & Safety certifications.
Environment & Sustainability Management
- Developing and implementing environmental strategies and action plans that ensure compliance with corporate sustainable development program (Planet 21)
- Initiating and chairing Planet 21 Meetings
- In charge of managing Planet 21 in Action website and hotel page
- Coordinating aspects of waste management, recycling and conservation.
- Leading the implementation of environmental policies and practices.
- Liaising with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies.
- Auditing, analyzing and reporting environmental performance to internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
- Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of the impact of emerging environmental issues.
- Developing and implementing environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the hotel on the environment.
- Training staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Participating in environmental education and research.
- Being proactive about corporate social responsibility issues and take action to ensure these are met;
- Setting organizational sustainability targets, and developing plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery in line with corporate Planet 21 guidelines
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Masters in Food Science / Masters in related food science
- HACCP in Practice (Level 3 Award in Food Safety)
- Advanced Food Hygiene (Level 4 Award in Food Safety)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Food Hygiene & Quality Management in food industry / retail food industry with exposure to online quality assurance.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.