Job description / Role
- Work closely with the hotels nominated cleaning supplies and hygiene consultants.
- Supervise stewards and kitchen staff and ensures they are following all hygiene standards and practises. Any staff found to be working in an unhygienic manner should be reported to the Executive Chef who will advise action to be taken.
- Work closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Performs regular hygiene inspections in all areas of the Kitchen and food service areas and reports any wrong doings or areas of concern directly to the Executive Chef
- Ensures the hygiene standard of Food and Beverage production and service within the Hotel.
- Works closely with the local Hygiene and Health authorities/ agencies and coordinates with all related matters that involve the Hotel and the authorities.
- Provides advice to the Management to ensure the environmental hygiene.
- Coordinates and ensures the implementation of Pest Control programme in the Hotel.
- Works closely with the Human Resources to ensure all employees attend the medical check and obtain the necessary Health Card as required by the local authority.
- Takes all necessary actions to ensure the Hotel passes the Hygiene inspection and successfully obtains the necessary Hygiene License for the Hotel.
- To have a complete understanding and strictly adheres to the Hotel Policies & Procedures related to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Assists the Training department in all training activities related to Health and Hygiene.
- Establishes and enforces sanitation standards for the kitchen.
- Works closely with Materials and receiving in the Food receiving area the hotel and also interacts with suppliers about the way they deliver produce to the hotel. (Any areas of concern about suppliers should be reported to the Director of Food & Beverage who should in turn act on this with the Materials Manager)
- Conduct all training related to hygiene, safety and wellbeing for newly hired associates in various departments to ensure all colleagues have a thorough and practical knowledge in these areas as well as Hyatt's standards. Includes completion of all administrative aspects of training including scheduling and recording of attendance and ensuring completion. Also includes implementation, training and utilization of standard, process and procedures for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Certify new Housekeeping colleagues specific to Hyatt's housekeeping cleaning, disinfecting and hygiene procedures; provide ongoing monitoring for adherence to these procedures and conduct regular re-training every month. And where appropriate public areas and F&B.
- Proactively communicate within the hotel on safety, hygiene and wellbeing standards; participate in scheduled department meetings to reinforce safety, hygiene and wellbeing priorities and re-train as needed
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of safety, hygiene and wellbeing standards in each department for compliance; follow up on non-compliance and partner with the Leadership Team and GM on the appropriate consequences for non-compliance
- Successfully attend and complete the mandatory certification programs as per OSHAD regulations
- Ensures that the hotel has the minimum mandatory compliance and meets requirements that entities are required to develop an OSHMS incorporated into the systems as outlined by Federal and Local Laws.
- Coordinate and communicate DCT-OSHAD requirements, such as but not limited to trainings, correspondences, site inspection and scheduled audits.
- Ensure that the OSH roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and a systematic process is in place for communication of these requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate OSH roles and responsibilities procedure(s).
- Ensure OSH hazards are identified, risks are assessed and appropriate control measures are implemented and monitored
- Ensure that OSH MS is developed as per DCT-OSHAD requirements, implemented and maintained and performance reports are presented to the senior management of the hotel every quarter.
- Notify and report OSH incidents to the concerned authorities ( hotel and the regulatory bodies)
- Provide information, instruction, training and guidance to all stakeholders in the hotel to enable those persons to perform their work in a way that is safe and without risks to health.
- Consult with employees and relevant stakeholders on OSH matters.
- Identify and evaluate OSH training need along with the Hotel Learning Manager.
Preferably looking for available Local Candidates in the UAE
- At least 2 Years of experience in implementation of Quality Management Systems in Hospitality Sector.
- Education : Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry
- Knowledge :Best practices in Quality Management System- ISO, HACCP, SOP and SSOP knowledgeable,Quality system monitoring and auditing
- Skills: High Planning and Organizing, Communication, PC literate, Presentation, Report Writing
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Food Safety and Quality Specialist
RTC-1 Employment Services
Quality Control Analyst
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services
Quality Specialist LJA (Future Vacancy)