Job description / Role
- Work closely with the hotel's nominated cleaning supplies and hygiene consultants.
- Supervise stewards and kitchen staff and ensures they are following all hygiene standards and practices.
- Work closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Performs regular hygiene inspections in all areas of the kitchen and food service areas
- Ensures the hygiene standard of Food and Beverage production and service within the Hotel.
- Works closely with the local Hygiene and Health authorities/ agencies and coordinates with all related matters that involve the Hotel and the authorities
- Provides advice to the Management to ensure environmental hygiene - Coordinates and ensures the implementation of the Pest Control program in the Hotel.
- Takes all necessary actions to ensure the Hotel passes the Hygiene inspection and successfully obtains the necessary Hygiene License for the Hotel.
- To have a complete understanding and strictly adheres to the Hotel Policies & Procedures related to Fire, Hygiene, Health, and Safety.
- Assists the Training department in all training activities related to Health and Hygiene.
- Establishes and enforces sanitation standards for the kitchen.
- Conduct all training related to hygiene, safety, and wellbeing for newly hired associates in various departments to ensure all colleagues have a thorough and practical knowledge in these areas as well as Hyatt's standards.
- Includes completion of all administrative aspects of training including scheduling and recording of attendance and ensuring completion.
- Also includes implementation, training, and utilization of standard, process, and procedures for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Proactively communicate within the hotel on safety, hygiene, and wellbeing standards; participate in scheduled department meetings to reinforce safety, hygiene, and wellbeing priorities and re-train as needed
- Successfully attend and complete the mandatory certification programs as per OSHAD regulations.
- Ensures that the hotel has the minimum mandatory compliance and meets requirements that entities are required to develop an OSHMS incorporated into the systems as outlined by Federal and Local Laws.
- Coordinate and communicate DCT-OSHAD requirements, such as but not limited to training, correspondences, site inspection, and scheduled audits.
- Ensure that the OSH roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and a systematic process is in place for the communication of these requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate OSH roles and responsibilities procedure(s).
- Ensure that OSH MS is developed as per DCT-OSHAD requirements, implemented and maintained and performance reports are presented to the senior management of the hotel every quarter.
- At least 2 Years of experience in the implementation of Quality Management Systems in the Hospitality Sector.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry
- Knowledge: Best practices in Quality Management System- ISO, HACCP, SOP and SSOP knowledgeable, Quality system monitoring and auditing
- Skills: High Planning and Organizing, Communication, Presentation, Report Writing
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Supervisor - 6 Month Contract
Manpower Middle East
A Leading Shipping Company In Fujairah
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Project HSE Lead / Manager
Rotary Engineering Pte. Ltd.
RTC-1 Employment Services