Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for experienced Technical Specialist to join our Cloud Pak for Data System team to help drive revenue for our Cloud Pak for Data System portfolio.
- Actively work opportunities for ICP for Data System working with the global IBM sales teams
- Enable sellers to understand and articulate the value of our ICP for Data System solutions.
- Provide strategic directions to clients on operationalizing their AI.
- Enable and support the growing Business Partner ecosystem.
- Actively demonstrate our solutions and value for our clients
- Customer satisfaction assistance (on-site/off-site visits, web conferences, phone calls).
- Attending and feeding back into stakeholder review meetings with the product teams.
- Self-starter who learns new technologies quickly, can multi-task, and has strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work with customers , build relationships, show the value IBM can bring using technical arguments, diplomacy and by applying market and user case expertise. Stay engaged and supportive though to the completion of the sales process
- Strong strategy and vision skills on cloud transformation and AI.
- Knowledge of Data and Analytics is required.
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral is essential.
- Strong presentation skills required
- Approximately 25% to 50% travel is likely to be required.
Key technical skills
- Experience with core enabling technologies, Redhat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Containers, etc.
- Knowledge in the Business Analytics space: Cognos Analytics, Planning Analyitcs, Qlick view, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Knowledge in Data Science space: SPSS, Decision Optimization, SAS, R and Python programming, etc.
- Experience with data integration and governance solutions, including but not limited to IBM Information Server, Informatica, Oracle, Talend, Ab Initio.
- Knowledge of in the Open Source space: Apache Hadoop, etc.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Technical Orientation.
- English: Fluent.
- At least 5 years experience in Open Source, Data Science & Advanced Analytics area and hands-on engineering or field technical sales experience.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: Yes
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.