Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role plans and executes communications and brand development projects for the IBM Cloud business unit. Main focus is to build IBM's Cloud brand, develop the Cloud Narrative and content, aid business growth, and foster positive employee engagement.
Principal area of focus is creating and delivering an internal and client communications strategy for IBM Cloud. Strong emphasis on producing local content supporting the overall marketing and communications activities, starting from localization and communication of the IBM Cloud narrative to social media content and writing client success stories.
- Create and deliver an internal communications strategy including messaging, frequency, content and channels that spans both the Cloud business unit and other IBM business units in MEA.
- Engage with country leaders and sellers to develop content for communications (wins, interviews, new offerings, interviews with team members).
- Develop and execute joint internal and client communications activities with other Business Units to create synergies in offerings and communication.
- Demonstrate strong graphic design skills to consistently innovate and enhance the communications.
- Understand key business issues and create proactive communications to engage and motivate employees. Develop and own the communication decks and messaging for all employee calls.
- In collaboration with IBM Communications, engage with key influencers to publicise IBM's thought leadership, business solutions, and other business initiatives. This includes for example identifying publicity opportunities, localizing global initiatives, writing by-liners and senior leader speeches and producing preparatory materials and briefing executive spokespeople.
- Develop and execute social media postings and engagement that amplifies IBM's Cloud thought leadership, business solutions, community programs and other business initiatives.
- Ensure local compliance with IBM communications/Brand guidelines and processes.
- Through the above, build awareness, consideration and preference for IBM Cloud to aid the growth of IBM's Cloud business in MEA
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 5-10 years communications experience from in-house or PR agency roles.
- Very strong English written and speaking skills.
- Advanced writing and communications skills.
- Broad understanding of business, political, social and cultural issues, and ability to translate IBM global themes/messages into locally relevant material.
- Above-average familiarity with information technology, its use in business transformation and the IT sector.
- Strong, self-directed project management
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape in MEA.
- Familiarity with working in a global enterprise will be a significant advantage.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Inspires confidence in their ability to engage with and advise executive stakeholder.
- A strong leader who has the ability to provide communications consultancy to the Cloud VP and leadership team.
- A strong team player, with the local, MEA and global teams.
- Hands-on, owns projects from conception through to execution and results.
- A strong orientation to networking. Able to lead through influence, building collaboration around goals.
- Ability to succeed within the necessarily complex work processes of a large, global corporation.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.