Job description / Role
The EcoSystem Representative is responsible for business development of IBM Z & LinuxONE solutions by increasing platform awareness among developers and influencers. The advocate will build talent pipeline to remove skills objection in marketplace, increase 3 rd party advocacy and platform adoption by start community.
The Ecosystem Advocate will:
- Develop a team selling approach and act as a liaison between Independent Software Vendor (ISV), Business Partners, clients, IBM Technical Sales and the client service organization.
- Go and influence Ecosystem white spaces
- Drive key brand programs, plays, specialty programs, launch activities with partners
- Identify enablement gaps and create action plans to address
- Understand partner performance trends/gaps and develop action plans to reenergize our network.
- Communicate incentive programs and promos and channel marketing programs.
- Attract and activate ecosystem partners (SIs, ISVs, MSPs, etc.) in strategic brand areas
- Ensure overall partner satisfaction with Systems Hardware
- Help our ecosystem to engage clients to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven technology solutions.
- Represent IBM at events, workshops, meetups, and conferences and build relationships with individuals, companies, and organizations that serve the same communities as IBM.
- Build and nurture great relationships with users online, create useful content, educational material, and other collateral to engage clients and the community.
We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact in selling IBM Z and LinuxONE portfolio to both maintain and grow existing revenue streams and relationships and to develop new clients, partnerships and eco systems of all sizes.
You are an innovative thinker who is passionate about technology and loves to stay up-to-date on the latest developments and trends. You will be instrumental in building a large and thriving community around IBM Z and LinuxONE beyond traditional outlets.
Moreover, in reaching out to clients you should be passionate about helping customers learn about new technology, collaborating with them to build powerful new solutions, and consulting them on how they build a talent pipeline for IBM Z within their organization.
You will be an integral member and leader in the local IBM Z ecosystem, partnering with internal and external organizations and user groups to facilitate collaborative programs and initiatives to drive platform awareness, skills and advocacy.
You will promote IBM's position, including the benefits of IBM Z and LinuxONE hardware and software solutions and influence the services that IBM and IBM Partners offer to its user community at enterprises and Startups, including university outreach in an integrated effort.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience cultivating strategic external relationships (clients, ISVs, channel, SI, etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux with proven leadership of technical and business development teams
- Proven negotiation, collaboration, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills - including the keen ability to translate complex ideas into various mediums (PPT slides, blogs, videos, email) for effective, audience-appropriate consumption
Deep understanding of the technical community including in-person and online groups with a history of participation. You understand how and why developers make choices about the technologies they use
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience as a Technical Advocate or Developer Community Manager
- Knowledge of Linux on Z and zOS with proven leadership of technical and business development teams
- Experience organizing and running developer events
- Self-motivated and passionate about helping others and interacting with the wider developer community
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable in crowds and one-on-one
- Ability to work independently and manage tasks in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and requirements. Ability to work with cross-functional team members
- Understanding of emerging technologies and use cases
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: Yes
Key Job Details
- Country: AE
- State: DUBAI
- City: DUBAI
- Category: Enterprise Operations
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Req ID: 195982BR
- Location: DUBAI, DUBAI AE
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.