Job description / Role
The world is in the midst of a digital transformation. IT leaders need a secure Cloud platform to deliver insights to enrich customer experiences, protect data and exceed service expectations. As businesses adapt to capitalize on digital, trust is becoming the currency that drives this new economy.
The IBM Z Technical Sales Manager is a senior leader within our Cloud sales organization in Middle East and Africa . The IBM Z Technical Sales Manager is responsible as people and business manager for managing technical professionals who support the sales of IBM Z hardware and software products, solutions to meet/exceed client expectations and key business measurements. A Technical Sales Manager drives revenue and market share by leading a team of technical pre-sales sellers who are supporting solution sales opportunities leveraging the IBM Z and LinuxONE Platform to meet their customers infrastructure, data modernization and analytics solution needs.
These objectives will be met by leading a team of Client Technical Specialists and Architects, who are together responsible for the technical sales aspects of the entire portfolio of IBM Z to our clients in Middle East and Africa. Trust is why 44 of the top 50 banks and 90% of the largest airlines run on IBM Z aka mainframes - the most secure Cloud platform on the planet. The world's most trusted servers offer 100% encryption to protect data from internal and external threats. IBM mainframes deliver record uptime and 99.999% availability. Mainframes process billions of transactions on a single server with speeds 2.8x faster than competitors.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of IBM Z within enterprise customers of the IBM Cloud and Systems business unit. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven management track record in software/technology pre-sales. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical and you should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, people and technical challenges.
The world's economy runs on IBM Z . As the world continues to evolve, so too does the platform, including ground breaking technical innovations like pervasive encryption as well as ensuring IBM Z extends to be part of the most relevant technical ecosystems, leveraging API's, DevOps and Operational Analytics. In addition, IBM Z is expanding its delivery model to include leading as a Service offerings such as the IBM Blockchain Platform, built on top of IBM Z.
- Direct the IBM Z pre-sales cross-brand team and accelerate sales eminence by supporting Industry and Solutions selling skills.
- Build and establish long-term relationships with clients, business partners and ISV
- Help senior executives at clients to understand best practices around advanced digital transformation and Cloud-based solutions, and how to modernize existing workloads Identifying new revenue opportunities
- Provide the expert technical knowledge in the sale of highly complex large hardware and software solutions
- Lead the team to demonstrate the value of IBM Z solutions and offerings to customers.
- Lead and coach team members to deliver outstanding business results by anticipating and removing obstacles to enable strong performance, connecting them with the IBM business strategy, and supporting their professional goals.
- Support the expense plan and HC objectives and maintain strong business controls and audit results.
- As the role model for the rest of the technical pre sales team, the candidate will also be responsible to strengthen the architectural thinking and capabilities of the team and to lead our contemporary skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of IBM Z HW SW Portfolio software solutions.
- Experienced Technical Sales Leader with 10+ years of related experience in technical sales leadership roles and coaching IBM Z architecture and solution sales required.
- Ability to drive and influence Stakeholder across organizational boundaries through negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Proven people management experience, developing a high-performance team through continuous coaching, and inspiration required.
- Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required with solid record of managing business operations and processes.
- Experience working with partners and ISVs
- Exhibit external eminence by speaking at events (IBM and non-IBM)
- Passionate for technology. Constant and contagious desire to learn new technologies (e.g. Blockchain, Cognitive, Security) is required
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Deep technical understanding and experience of the IBM Z ecosystem - leads by example and is recognized as a technical leader in this field.
- Technical Sales Management experience in a multi-country territory
- At least 5 years' experience with IBM Z solution sales in IBM with prior experience in a creating, negotiating large deals at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
- Country: AE
- State: DUBAI
- City: DUBAI
- Category: Sales
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: DUBAI, DUBAI AE
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Sales Manager - Group Sales
Business Development Manager - Software Vendor
Business Development Manager (Arabic Speaking)
Business Development Manager (Sales)
Xerox Emirates LLC
Sales / Business Development Manager