Job description / Role
A well known medical facility is currently looking for an ICU Staff Nurses (Arabic speaker) to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Assess patients' pain levels or sedation requirements.
• Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
• Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, or pressure lines.
• Administer medications intravenously, by injection, orally, through gastric tubes, or by other methods.
• Evaluate patients' vital signs or laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs. Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients, based on assessment data or identified needs.
• Document patients' medical histories and assessment findings. Advocate for patients' and families' needs, or provide emotional support for patients and their families. Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate problems.
• Administer blood and blood products, monitoring patients for signs and symptoms related to transfusion reactions.
• Monitor patients' fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
• Compile and analyze data obtained from monitoring or diagnostic tests.
• Document patients' treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions.
• Collaborate with other health care professionals to develop and revise treatment plans based on identified needs and assessment data.
• Assess patients' psychosocial status and needs, including areas such as sleep patterns, anxiety, grief, anger, and support systems.
• Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patients' clinical status.
• Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status.
• Collect specimens for laboratory tests.
• Identify patients' age-specific needs and alter care plans as necessary to meet those needs. Coordinate patient care conferences.
• Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, or elective cardioversion. Supervise and monitor unit nursing staff.
• Assess family adaptation levels and coping skills to determine whether intervention is needed.
• Identify malfunctioning equipment or devices.
• Participate in professional organizations and continuing education to improve practice knowledge and skills.
• Participate in the development, review, or evaluation of nursing practice protocols.
• Ensure that equipment or devices are properly stored after use.
• Plan, provide, or evaluate educational programs for nursing staff, interdisciplinary health care team members, or community members.
• Provide post-mortem care.
• Minimum 3 years of nursing experience, preferably in SICU / ICU ward with a tertiary medical facility
• With valid HAAD/MOH/DHA license
• Fluent in Arabic and English language
• Willing to work 12 hours a day per shift and 48 hours per week
• With updated BLS training
• Completed and updated Dataflow
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.