Job description / Role
The Identity and Access Management (IDAM) Lead is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of all layers of IDAM applications, including Authorization/Authentication, Identity Registry Management, Identity Governance, Privileged Account Management and Account Creation / Management / Provisioning in data repositories. The role may focus on technical or administrative aspects of IAM or encompass a mixture of both.
Design and Develop
• Understand the organization and environment and then Designs and Develops the overall Identity & Access Management Governance and Regulatory Framework
• Establishes, advises, and coordinates Client’s Identity & Access Management compliance framework.
• Designs, implements, and maintains an adequate Identity & Access Management standard operating procedure as required in line with Client’s policies, standards, and procedures.
• Develops, coordinates and provides guidance, assessments, training, and monitoring of the compliance and Identity & Access Management control environments within the business units.
• Develops and implements Identity & Access Management Standards in line with internal policies and global frameworks by working with and managing senior stakeholders.
• Work with the business, including product and technology teams, to design innovative Identity & Access Management as part of pragmatic advice and conducting Identity & Access Management Reviews and Assessments
• Develop and lead training and awareness sessions with the business to promote a culture of security, privacy and advise business and sector leads to understand how Identity & Access Management requirements affect their area
• Develops and implements the integrated Identity & Access Management framework and technical solution by working with other stakeholders
• Identifies roles for staff, processes, and technologies required for trusted identification, authentication, and authorization within the Trusted Identity Ecosystem
• Develops a Trust Framework that defines the rights and responsibilities of Client’s staff in the Identity Ecosystem.
Implement, Operate and Manage
• Participate in the collection and analysis of existing business and technical requirements to develop Enterprise-wide Identity and Access Management (IAM) processes and procedures.
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of risk and change management, security policies and controls, user account life-cycle management, roles based access, access management, and directory.
• Designs, configures, tests, implements, supports and administers centralized identity and privileged access management (IAM and PAM) solutions including local, cloud, hybrid integration services.
• Manages, maintains, and monitors IAM and PAM application environment, applies appropriate tuning and updates as necessary. Reports and provides guidance on configuration/settings.
• Responsible for technologies that enable SSO (Single Sign On), PIM/PAM (Privileged Identity and Access Management), MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication), Access Governance and Logical Access. This position also requires a strong knowledge of general Information Security practices
• Create IAM system and process documentation, including data flows, process maps and support plans.
• Work with vendors and partners to configure, maintain and support IAM systems.
• Monitor certificate expirations within the PKI management system.
• Schedule certificate renewals within the PKI management system.
• Participate in Identity and Access Management roadmap creation, including providing feedback on procedures and strategy development along with the Information Security team.
• Supports the Compliance, Legal, Data Governance, Physical Security and Cyber Security Teams, respectively, in strengthening Client’s compliance and Identity & Access Management efforts.
• Monitors and communicates relevant developments globally and more specifically in the region relating to Identity & Access Management.
• Leads the design, creation, coordination, and implementation of policies, procedures, and training addressing Identity & Access Management issues in Client’s while serving on and supported by the Cyber Security team.
• Develops and performs project-based, Identity & Access Management -related assessments and audits cross-functionally on an adhoc basis and periodically to ensure high compliance to Identity & Access Management requirements within Client’s.
• Knowledge of modern approaches to IT service-oriented architectures and applications. Specifically, good experience with implementing services using Microservices architectures, DevOps, and continuous delivery of IAM services and applications in a hybrid computing environment.
• Review and analyze new products and services, including online and mobile applications, to meet Identity & Access Management requirements.
• Create dashboard views for critical Identity & Access Management risk metrics to drive alerts, progress and continuous improvement.
• Works with internal Departments and stakeholders to ensure that Client’s internal staff, its Customers and third parties are all covered within the Identity & Access Management standards.
• Works with other sectors to understand their solutions and key projects to evaluate and monitor Identity & Access Management, paying attention to details, while understanding the big picture
• Manages other duties as assigned related to Identity & Access Management by Identifying and executing against key milestones in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Collaborate with relevant business stakeholders on continuous improvement initiatives designed to improve the performance and maturity of Client’s Identity & Access Management program.
• Foster partnerships with the business as an Identity & Access Management trusted advisor and subject matter expert
• Maintain knowledge of applicable Identity & Access Management laws, regulations, standards, and advancements in technologies
• Manage and take ownership of Identity & Access Management incidents/requests to completion.
• Support and conduct Issue Response Management and complaint handling for Identity & Access Management issues, deviations and non-compliance within area of responsibility.
• Identifies and evaluates Client’s Identity & Access Management processing activities
• Ensures Client’s addresses all Identity & Access Management queries/request from data subjects within SLA timeframes.
• Liaises with other organizations that process Identity & Access Management requests on Client’s behalf
• Writes and updates detailed guides on Identity & Access Management policies
• Performs Identity & Access Management audits and determines whether we need to alter Client’s procedures to comply with policies and regulations.
• Offers consultation on how to deal with access breaches.
• Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a strong interest in IT applications and operations.
• Minimum of 10-15 years professional experience in IT and at least 5 years of consulting experience in a big 4 or equivalent consulting firm.
• Certification as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is desirable.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security, security operations, and Product Engineering roles.
• At least 4 years in a senior leadership role in security.
• Relevant experience managing security for companies that leverage cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Azure and / or offer platform as a service (PaaS) with security commitments to customers and partners.
• Relevant experience working in the healthcare/life sciences industry with a deep understanding of regulatory frameworks such as ISO, GDPR, FDA, CE, HIPAA, HITRUST, etc. is highly desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must be able to effectively liaise with internal direct reports and senior management as well as external customers, clients, partners and stakeholders.
• Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
• The incumbent must have an in-depth understanding of IT agile software development frameworks, strong knowledge of IT best practices and protocols, operational risk management, and in-depth knowledge and expertise of the Client’s operations, including IT practices. Specific expertise should include:
• IT Management practices and protocols, including in-depth knowledge of international IT standards.
• Solid knowledge of IT application design, development, support and Operations Audit methodology
• A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature, and calm.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment with both the local and global Compliance and Legal teams and the information security teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in IT, computer science, Software engineering, Data Privacy
• Experience with Internet of Things, Cloud data services (Azure, Google IoT)
• Industry certification in one or more of the following: C++, Java, SQL, Python, MCSE, CCNP, CCSA, CISA, CA, CCSP, ISC, ITIL, etc.
About the Company
Parisima specialises in building high performing workforces that improve business performance. Our experience has demonstrated that the most effective organisations view their employees as their most important asset and view Talent Management as a holistic end-to-end complementary process.
Whether it’s a partial or fully outsourced recruitment solution or a focus on a particular area of your talent acquisition cycle, our solutions are tailored to address your specific challenges. We are experts in optimising talent acquisition and resourcing functions to build high performing organisations with high performing individuals.
Through key strategic partnerships, Parisima is the only organisation in the Middle East that specialises in addressing the full employee lifecycle. This includes Hiring (talent acquisition, applicant-tracking systems, assessments for recruitment and development) and Retention (employee engagement surveys, employee recognition and reward programs and executive leadership programs).
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
Data Privacy and Protection Manager
|Abu Dhabi||5 Jul|
Technology Project Manager / Product Manager / BA
Head of Information Services
Bin Eid Executive Search and Selection