Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You'll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC's strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The role of the BI Developer sits within the PwC ME BI team and consists of a mixture of business engagement and technical data modelling/visualization skills. Our Power BI reporting solution is backed by variety of data sources.The role will be 80% Power BI reports development and 20% data warehouse support.
Key Responsibilities ( day to day activities )
- Ingesting data from a variety of data sources and performing required transformations using Power BI Desktop.
- Creation of effective Power BI Data modelling in line with best practices.
- Development of advanced and effective DAX calculations.
- Designing effective layouts using themes and report grids.
- Utilizing the navigation features in Power BI (e.g. bookmarks, drill-through) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
- Publishing reports via the Power BI service, managing them through distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access.
- Understand business requirements and turn them into a powerful story told through engaging visuals in Power BI.
- Basic support for the maintenance of the Data warehouse.
- Support during migration of BI codes between enterprise systems.
- Should be able to develop and update technical documentations if required.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Designing conceptual and logical data models.
- Developing SQL queries/Store procedures for data extraction.
- Power BI Desktop (Power Query/DAX/MDX/Visualizations)
- Power BI Distribution/Security (Row Level Security, Work spaces, Apps, Gateways)
- Beneficial to have knowledge and experience of SSIS,SSAS and visual studio
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and good analytical skills.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.