Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Clients & Markets
Job Description & Summary
A career in Sales and Marketing, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and drive long term revenue growth for the Firm. You'll focus on designing, developing, and implementing communication programmes and media events to promote and sell the PwC's brand and services as well as contribute to and evaluating our pricing strategies in the marketplace.
Our Marketing and Public Relations team is responsible for PwC's external media relations and social media strategy. As part of our team, you'll help with social media account management, media relationship management, and identifying new and emerging opportunities for the Firm.
The PR & Communications Team Lead is responsible for the firm's external communications activities. This individual will lead the PR & External Communications team to focus on protecting the brand and positively positioning the Middle East firm and its spokespeople. The PR & Communications lead will utilise targeted media platforms such as print, broadcast, and digital whilst continuously monitoring mentions and consistently achieving share of voice targets. Reimagining the way we profile ourselves in the market will be a focal point for this leadership role.
Primary duties and responsibilities
PR & External Communications
- Manage the presence and positioning of the firm by developing and implementing a holistic PR strategy that gains positive exposure across the region.
- Evaluate and assess all media requests, facilitate interview opportunities, support interview preparation and coaching with our Senior Leadership, Partners and Directors.
- Provide timely advice and direction in relation to the firm's reputation.
- Manage any Public Relations agency relationships, define their mandate, and monitor their performance (where applicable) .
- Measure effectiveness of external communications initiatives and produce reports for all LoS leads.
- Measure and monitor the share of voice of PwC Middle East coverage vs. our regional competition.
- Secure optimal profiling of our subject matter experts in speaking positions during leading events and conferences - both PwC managed, and external - regionally, and at times globally.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure full alignment and coordination of external marketing campaigns.
- Ensure content developed positions the PwC brand appropriately for external publications and multi-communication channels.
- Work closely with the business to ideate and assist in the development of blogs and articles from start to end.
- Manage the crisis communications process locally with support from the Marketing & Communications Lead, ensuring all matters remain confidential and dealt with in a professional manner.
- Oversee all press releases and manage the press release calendar to ensure consistent profiling of the PwC brand regionally.
- Manage communication activities including enforcement of corporate communication policies and guidelines, support the Middle East Leadership team with external communication leading to increased profiling.
- Work with the Business Development and Pursuit & Insight team to ensure alignment and brand integrity within PR & Communications strategy.
Planning & strategy
- Develop the external communications strategy and implement plan in coordination with the Clients & Markets Strategy and KPIs.
- Ensure effective collaboration with LoS and Team Leads to develop external communication plans.
- Work closely with the PR team to implement strategies.
- Reimagine delivery of PR & External Communications processes for efficiency and effective delivery of projects.
- Develop the PR & Communications annual budget, gaining final approval from the Clients & Markets Partner and Marketing & Communications Director.
- Provide input to the Marketing & Communications Director for the development of plans including key investments, gaps and development needs.
- Track and approve all spend areas within PR & Communications whilst adhering to the PR & Communications budget.
Learning & Growth
- Develop talent within the team by providing consistent direction and support to achieve targets/service level agreements.
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
- Responsible for working with PR & Communications Network to ensure consistency and alignment of PwC ME standards.
- Create manpower plans for the team and raise to Marketing & Communications Director for approval.
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.