Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. The Digital team at PwC is transforming the way PwC does business in the Middle East. The team helps develop cutting edge data analytic and automation applications using the latest technologies on both big and small but complex data sources.
As a Data Scientist, you will work for PwC's innovation lab in the Middle East. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of architects and data analysts on a wide range of problems. We are focused on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL, cutting edge development languages, and advanced data processing techniques to include structured and unstructured information in a loosely coupled ecosystem delivering a technology platform that positions PwC for the future.
We are focused on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL, cutting edge development languages, and advanced data processing techniques to include structured and unstructured information in a loosely coupled ecosystem delivering a technology platform that positions PwC for the future.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of complex data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for both products development and sales activity.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, and experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings to multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of our client's products and services; example application areas include ads quality, search quality, end-user behavioral modeling, and live experiments.
Experience and Knowledge
- 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist).
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g.,SQL).
- 2+ year experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis. Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting ( SQL, MySQL).
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby).
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms, such as k-NN, GBM, Neural Networks Naive Bayes, SVM, and Decision Forests.
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
- Utilizing programming skills and knowledge on how to write models which can be directly used in production as part of a large scale system.
- Experience in machine-learning methodologies (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning etc.)
- Experience with clustered data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive).
- Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.