Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Financial Analysis and Reporting team is responsible for managing PwC's financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As part of the team, you'll help with budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, shared services and financing.
The FP&A team is tasked to support the business with regular local and global reporting, managing the budgeting process, and provide relevant analysis to give more insights about the performance and the trend that helps the leadership to make timely decisions. The FP&A business analysis manager has primary responsibility to support the business and the Finance leadership through analysing the monthly reports and providing commentary and insights on the performance from different aspects by LoS, by country, by function, etc.
Primary duties and responsibilities
• Review monthly results & performance and prepare variances and trend analysis summaries covering the different angels from Line of
• Services, Business Units, countries, legal entities, platforms, products, etc.
• Review Balance sheet, Net Investment & WIP movements highlighting any key issues or risks.
• Provide support in budgeting & forecasting processes through preparing historical analysis as well as future projection based on the trend and the agreed assumptions.
• Liaise with different functions and work on supporting analysis for the different areas (cashflow with Treasury, effective tax rates with Firm Tax, etc)
• Understand the business requirement for the different teams and liaise with the data modeling and the internal reporting teams within the FP&A function to bring sustainable solutions for reporting and data visualisation.
• Provide support in annual reporting to leadership
• Provide support in preparing monthly performance summary
• Support with ad-hoc analysis requested by Business or Finance leadership.
• Business partner with LoS - IFS - OneFinance, and maintain ongoing open channels of communication for business discussions.
• Liaise with ICV team on improvement plans, and provide the supporting analysis
• Liaise with global teams and align on standard reporting & data visualisation for leadership
• Documentation of regular processes and engage with the Financial Controls team to update and implement the policies, procedures relevant to the FP&A - BA section.
• Conduct a monthly check list of all carried activities and ensure all completed on time.
• Support all period end closing analysis as appropriate
Learning & Growth
• Keep self updated with all changes in the data visualisation area
• Ensures adherence to policies and procedures
• Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
• Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
• Act as a key liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
• Establish a healthy working environment for employees
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field required
• Professional qualification, CPA, CMA certification or similar required
• Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
• 5+ years of experience in a Finance / Business analysis of which at least 2 years are in a management role
• Demonstrated experience with financial accounting reporting and analysis.
• Experience in building visual analysis and demonstrate areas of strengths and weaknesses
• Exposure to global best practices and trends in the Finance domain
• Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
• Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
• Excellent calculation and analytical skills
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent digital reporting and presentation skills (Power BI,etc)
• In depth knowledge of financial operations and processes, including accounting, reporting and financial control activities
• In depth understanding of general/international accounting standards and practices
• Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
• Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
• Skilled in maintaining client relationships
• Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ethical Conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.