Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
The Finance Technology team sits within the PwC Middle East (ME) Finance function. Core activities include:
Finance application management and support
Leading and supporting the technology work streams of Finance transformation projects including solution agnostic ERP requirements analysis and implementation
Automation and increasing the efficiency of Finance processes through the use of existing and new technology and tools
- Development and ownership of the Finance technology strategy and roadmap for the ME Region.
- Alignment of ME Finance Technology strategy to the ME business strategy, the ME Finance strategy and the ME and Global technology strategies.
- Finance application management to support business operations.
- Management of system upgrades and patches, including testing, to ensure Finance systems are kept up to date. The candidate would work closely with system vendors, local IT teams and hosting centre representatives in this regard.
- Solution agnostic ERP requirements analysis, current system optimisation and future implementation.
- Drive automation to increase the efficiency of Finance processes through the use of existing and new technology and tools. This may include optimising the functionality of existing systems, implementing new applications and using emerging technology like RPA and AI.
- Collaboration with stakeholders to understand business changes and ensure Finance systems are fit for purpose both now and in the future.
- Leading and supporting the technology work streams of Finance transformation projects.
- Understand and communicate system changes that are released with system version upgrades to the relevant stakeholders.
- Accountable for level 2 end user support for core Finance systems.
- Work with the ME IT helpdesk (level 1 support) to increase their ability to resolve incidents and requests without level 2 intervention.
- Oversee the delivery of end user training and knowledge management for core Finance systems.
- Build and maintain relationships with:
- key internal stakeholders including business users, the wider Finance team, other internal functions, Procurement, ME IT, UK IT, Global Technology teams and Finance system hosting centres.
- Finance system and application vendors
- Support the development of team members by building technical capabilities and professional skills within the team and ensuring that each team member has clear, documented goals.
- Create a healthy working environment, be aware of and actively promote Firmwide and Finance initiatives.
Learning and Growth
- Stay up to date with changes that are affecting the Finance industry. This would include but not be limited to finance technology trends and best practices.
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities and repositories of best practice both within own team and across the wider business.
- Champion the use of new technologies across the Finance team.
- Master's degree in Business Management, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage.
- 10+ years of experience of which at least 2 years in a senior management role.
- Experience of working in a Finance technology role including a working knowledge of finance terminology and processes.
- Solution agnostic ERP requirements analysis and implementation experience.
- Experience in several but not limited to the following areas: Microsoft Technologies (including IIS, SharePoint, .Net/TFS, SQL Server and SSIS), Cloud/SaaS )..
- In depth knowledge of designing, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures related to the management and use of Finance systems and information.
- Collaborative and excels in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across the business both locally and regionally
- Excellent leadership, team building and people management skills
- Strong analytical, consultative and communication skills; including the ability to translate technical concepts for business users
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management and decision making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Thorough with an eye for detail
- Passionate about client service
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.