Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
DFSI is responsible for the Firm's finance solutions and finance information. The Finance BI Manager is focused on development and continuous improvement of BI dashboards for the ME Finance stakeholders. The person also is responsible for completion of deliverables on time and with adherence to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
- Business partnering with different finance function heads and key stakeholders on reporting requirements.
- Working with junior members of the team to ensure BI dashboards /adhoc reports are developed and delivered to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Ensuring BI dashboards are kept in line with system upgrades and changes.
- Ensuring verification and reconciliation of all dashboards and other reports prior to publication.
Forecasting and Trend Analysis
- Assisting in forecast/trend reporting and analysis as and when requested by finance leadership.
- Assist in enabling reporting analysis of current and past trends and KPI's
- Monitoring performance trends and highlight and escalate unexpected variances to unit head
Other Reporting Requirements
- To have good understanding of the different systems, business processes, best system practices that are under the responsibility of the team
- To have good understanding of the reporting portals , systems and practices followed by the team
- Responsible for assisting other team members to achieve wider team objectives within technical capacity.
- Liaising with different levels of management and staff from business functions on various reporting requirements and developing workable solutions
- Deliver on time and high quality reporting to stakeholders
- Ensure that all reporting is conducted on time and accurately
- Understand the reporting cycle, processes, tools, templates and key deadlines and is ensures team works in line with them
Learning & Growth
- Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the team's knowledge management database
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Bachelor's degree in MI, Business Management, Computer Science, or Information Science
- MS Power BI, Qlik
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in management information reporting environment
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the MI domain
- Good reporting, visualisation skills
- Good analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
- Experience in several of the following areas but not limited to: Cisco Network technologies, web hosting, Cyber Security. Enterprise SAN and Server/Desktop virtualisation.
- Enterprise Java and Microsoft Technologies (including IIS, SharePoint, .Net/TFS, SQL Server and SSIS).
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to develop and implement a vision that reflects local nuances, but is aligned to Global direction of the firm
- In depth knowledge of designing and implementing policies and procedures related to IT Infrastructure
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with colleagues across the function
- Excellent communications skills in English, including written communication skills
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Good decision making skills
- Capability to work well in a team
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.