Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
Job Description & Summary
DFSI is responsible for the Firm’s finance solutions and information. The Finance Technical Manager is focused on development and continuous improvement of the firm’s finance systems and ensuring of its smooth operation across the finance function.
The person also is responsible for ensuring the systems are kept up to date , support levels provided to its users and also ensuring critical matters are escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
• Managing the firms finance systems and ensuring its smooth operation across the finance function.
• Ensuring the systems are kept up to date with necessary version changes as provided by respective vendors
• Ensuring adequate support levels are provided to users and issues raised are resolved in a timely manner with minimal disruption to operations.
• Ensuring critical matters are escalated to supporting hosting centres or vendors in a timely manner
• Ensuring any disruption of services are communicated to finance stakeholders and users in a reliable and timely fashion.
• Ensuring master data, security and other system administer activities are wholly owned and administered in a responsible manner.
• Ensuring the use of the firm’s systems are for the benefit of the firm and any abuse or misuse is reported to department head in a timely manner.
• Liaising with different stakeholders across finance or the business to understand business process and operations and to ensure system changes/configurations are done to support the business.
• Periodic review of business process against system setup to ensure the system is supporting the firm’s business and any gaps identified are raised to team lead and vendors respectively.
• Deliver timely and high quality feedback to users on various system changes.
• Ensure that all system upgrades, downtimes or any disruption of services is planned and communicated in a timely manner.
Learning & Growth
• Capture system changes, functional documentation and other relevant documents into a repository to build the team's knowledge management database
• Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
• Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
• 8+ years demonstrated experience in ERP management
• Exposure to global best practices and trends in the software industry
• Good analytical and data skills
• Good consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
• Experience in several of the following areas but not limited to: Cisco Network technologies, web hosting, Cyber Security. Enterprise SAN and Server/Desktop virtualisation. Enterprise Java and Microsoft Technologies (including IIS, SharePoint, .Net/TFS, SQL Server and SSIS).
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team to develop and implement a vision that reflects local nuances, but is aligned to Global direction of the firm
• In depth knowledge of designing and implementing policies and procedures related to IT Infrastructure
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with colleagues across the function
• Excellent communications skills in English, including written communication skills
• Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload, time management skills and proactivity needed
• Good decision making skills
• Capability to work well in a team
• Skilled in maintaining client relationships
• Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
• Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ethical Conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.