Job description / Role
IFS - HC Communication and Strategy - Manager - Dubai
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
• PR Team Lead
• Internal Communications Lead
• Social Media Lead
The HC Communication and Strategy Manager is responsible for engaging PwC Middle East’s, Clients, People, and Region.
Responsible for the firm’s external communications, focused on protecting the brand and positively positioning the Middle East firm and its spokespeople externally, primarily in the media. Also responsible for the firm’s internal corporate communications. Utilizes targeted media platforms such as print, broadcast, and digital.
Primary duties and responsibilities
• Develop the PR & Communications budget and raise to the Clients & Markets Partner and Director for approval
• Provide input to the Clients and Markets Partner and Director for the development of plans including key investments, gaps, development needs
• Support LoS in meeting targets for business opportunities through implementing targeted PR and communications strategies
• Track and approve all spend areas within PR & Communications
• Adhere to the PR & Communications budget
• Effectively manage all internal communications firmwide and ensure employee communication creates awareness and alignment towards business goals, enhances employee engagement, performance and retention
• Ensure effective collaboration with business LoS and Team Lead to develop communication plans
• Manage the presence of PwC Middle East in the region and ensure that the organisation gains exposure by developing and implementing a PR & social media strategy
• Engage with the Business Development Lead (Business Partner)and Marketing Leadsin communicating with internal and external stakeholders (including newsletters, memos, intranet, website etc.) regarding PwC Middle East’s objectives, programmes, research and other activities
• Serve as focal point for all interaction between PwC Middle East and the media: evaluate and assess all media requests, facilitate interview opportunities, support interview preparation and coaching etc.
• Manage the Public Relations agency relationship, define their mandate, and monitor performance ( if available)
• Measure effectiveness of external communications initiatives and produce reports for all LoS leads
• Manage regional presence of the organisation, track events and decide on participation
• Manage and optimise all speaking opportunities for Managing Partner and LoS Leads, and ensure the completion of required presentations and talking points
• Secure optimal communication representation for all PwC Middle East experts in leading conferences regionally, and at times globally.
• Work closely with LoS leads, industry specialists and other internal subject matter experts to decide and prepare communication for events, ensuring speakers are well briefed and prepared on all aspects of the event from logistics to presentation material etc.
• Measure and monitor the share of voice of PwC Middle East coverage vs. competition
• Work closely with Marketing team to ensure full alignment and coordination
• Ensure that the Ideation Centre Lead on the Marketing team is appropriately positioning the PwC brand on the content developed for external publications and communication channels
• Develop the internal and external communications strategy and implementation plans in coordination with the Partner/Director of Clients and Markets and Clients & Markets Business Partners
• Work closely with the PR lead and Internal Lead to implement strategies
• Manage communication activities including enforcement of corporate communication policies and guidelines, support of Leadership team with internal and external communication, preparation of press releases
• Work closely with Marketing team to ensure brand integrity and alignment within communications and media strategy,and provide input to the optimal mix of tools required to market insights
• Work with Pursuit and Insight team to ensure alignment and brand integrity within PR and Communications strategy
• Design, coordinate and oversee the management of all corporate events with partners such as PR agencies and event companies
• Oversee the dissemination of information to print, broadcast, and online media
Learning & Growth
• Responsible for working with PR & Communications Network to ensure consistency and alignment of PwC ME standards
• Create manpower plans for the team and raise to C&M Director for approval
• Develop talent within the team by providing consistent direction and support to achieve targets/service level agreements
• Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
• Establish a healthy work environment for employees
• Ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications
• Master’s Degree in business related discipline is an advantage
• Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
• 11+ years of experience in Public Relations or Communications
• Experience in the Professional Services Industry in a top tier big 4 firm specifically in PR, Communications or Marketing
• 2+ years experience in a management capacity
• Demonstrated experience implementing PR and Communications strategies for a large regional/multinational services firm
• Experience in handling media relations
• Solid track record in managing internal and external communications strategies, and reputation management strategies
• Experience in leading corporate communications and internal and external communication strategies
• Experience in handling media relations
• Track record in utilizing creative integrated PR and Communication strategies to achieve new business development and growth for organizations
• Track record in developing relationships with customers at an executive level
• Experience in monitoring and achieving customer satisfaction with service quality
• Exposure to global best practices and trends in the PR and Communications domain
• Significant industry experience within the Middle East is preferred
Knowledge and Skills
• In depth knowledge of Marketing, Public Relations, Communication and Branding principles
• In depth knowledge of the Professional Services Industry, including latest market developments, best practices and trends
• In depth knowledge of service offering for all PwC LoS and industry sectors in the Middle East
• Commercial awareness
• Knowledge of business planning and budgeting
• Excellent communications (verbal and written) skills, including public speaking and interviewing skills, and ability to represent the organization in diverse forums
• Ability to handle complex crisis communications and sensitive topics
• Subject matter expertise in public relations, communications and , marketing, corporate communications, internal and external communications strategy
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Significant personal presence, enabling successful interaction directly with senior consultants, clients, and knowledge professionals
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.