Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our team focuses on providing guiding principles for delivering policy and employee relations strategy based on local territory regulation and legislation. You'll focus on providing subject matter expertise in restructuring, redundancy, and exits as well as providing guidance on due diligence requests.
• Deep Employee Relations SME providing advice on strategic and complex issues.
• Act as a trusted advisor to the business, senior Leaders, People Partners and LoS HC teams influencing best practice and empowered to provide constructive challenge in the interests of managing risk and reputation
• Primary point of contact for LoS HC and HC Operations Management for advice on complex employee relations matters including strategic projects, e.g., restructuring, ER cases, etc. to optimise business performance and effectively manage change
• Maintain expert knowledge of employment law and areas of subject matter expertise, e.g. inclusion, discrimination etc and remain responsive to changes in legislation and market trends
• Oversees the handling of complex and/or high risk cases focusing on providing a fair, consistent and commercial outcome
• Provision of advice and handling of all employee litigation matters, including the management of Labour cases in conjunction with legal advisors
Provision of data analytics and insights to:
• inform advise and shape case handling and policy development
• support LoS HC decision making and interactions with the business in order to inform development of business solutions
One Firm Integrator:
• Act as a champion for team effectiveness, values and behaviours
• Maintain relationships with LoS HC and Senior HC Operations Managers, R&Q and Head of HC
• Collaborate across HC teams to enable an efficient and integrated service to the business
• Actively maintain knowledge of changes in employment legislation, case law and the broader business environment demonstrating thought leadership in making recommendations for innovative, pragmatic and solutions based T&C's, policy and process change to be implemented consistently across LoS
• Ensure that PwC policies reflect current and forthcoming legislation and are commensurate with PwC's brand and profile
Innovation & Transformation:
• Support LoS HC team and the business in embedding firmwide culture, values and behaviours by development of policy and provision of advice which promotes these behaviours (eg development of the Inclusive & Positive workplace policy and toolkit)
• Act as an ambassador and lead by example in identifying opportunities for digital transformation and technology enablement to create efficiencies when managing cases and enhance the people experience, e.g., policies, guidance, processes, communication, trends etc
• Drive the desire for innovation within ERPA to improve service quality
Operational HC Excellence:
• Pastoral and coaching role for Managers and Advisors in the team
• Governance of and responsibility for contractual documentation such as the Employment Manual and terms and conditions of employment ensuring entitlements, rights and obligations for employees are clearly set out and accessible
• Ensure that the information on the Employee Portal and HC Knowledge is in line with current employment law and PwC policy and practice
• Delivery of training to LoS HC and HC Operations Management and support LoS HC with ad hoc upskilling to the business (eg Positive & Inclusive Workplace policy training)
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.