Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Learning and Development, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives that constantly improve the PwC experience. You'll help us identify and source the best instructors, develop learning and performance improvement solutions across traditional and virtual classroom environments, and consult with other areas of the Firm to ensure our curriculums and initiatives support the PwC strategy.
As part of our Learning and Development Leadership team, you'll help leaders design, develop and deliver formal and informal learning solutions to market specific PwC professionals. You'll understand the business strategies, priorities, and budgets that drive the business line and uncover surface learning and performance improvement needs, develop strategies to improve them, and deliver effective and engaging learning programmes. The Learning & Development Leader leads a team to design and deliver best in class learning solutions that meet our business purpose, in a cost effective and innovative way and focuses on the creation of learning solutions in totality, from concept and design through execution and assessment. Integrating with the business, and implementing best-in-class teaching practices, this function supports and enables higher quality, and more relevant learning that is aligned with high performing teams.
This role is open to candidates based in any of our PwC offices.
- Plan and budget for the Learning & Development function across the region
- Leads budget and reporting process in line with the Firm's strategy, global guidelines and staff internal needs
- Oversees and control the Learning & Development expenditure and cost per hour
- Lead the L&D team to identify new, cost effective delivery models
- Ensure that the L&D team deliver value for money, on target, on budget, learning solutions
- Acts as a trusted advisor for learning related matters
- Create, manage and maintain strong relationships with regional and global counterparts / stakeholders
- Accountable for maintaining a rich and diverse training curriculum, boosting the frequency of courses
- Look for synergies within the business to ensure that our programmes support the business in its future growth and encourage x-los working
- Consult with the business through, and when needed with, the L&D Leads
- Liaise with PLT, HC Business Leads and L&D Leads to develop business skills programmes that meet not only the current business needs but also to predict future needs so that we can better support the growth of our business
- Liaise with PLT, HC Business Leads and L&D Leads to identify areas for future development programmes
- Works with the Middle East People, Diversity & Inclusion Leader to plan to develop and implement the ME Learning strategy in line with the Firm's strategy, global guidelines and regional focus
- Plans, selects and leads to implementation of global learning programs to address employees' skill-development needs
- Explore, assess and build strong relationships with top tier training external vendors and certified coaches in line with internal needs
- Engage in high impact Learning and Development projects with global interaction
- Lead the assessment needs analysis and leverage outcome to map relevant courses accordingly
- Design, set and report relevant KPIs to measure course effectiveness pre and post participation, measuring staff accomplishment and performance
- Review evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments.
- Lead and implement innovative ways while developing the learning activities, whether thru the facilitation, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, or the venues
- Identify and incorporate best practices and lessons learned into program plans
- Leads a team of internal and external trainers, to deliver excellent, timely technical and business skills training to staff at all levels
Learning & Growth
- Recommend and drive implantation of Learning & Development initiatives across the region
- Lead the assessment and development of different ways to improve and enhance the quality of current Learning & Development offering and drive forward changes to deliver improvements.
- Create a friendly work environment that promotes a culture of trust, knowledge sharing and growth of all team members
- Ensure the team has the necessary resources to perform autonomously while encouraging decision making and problem solving skills
- PhD or MBA Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management
- Master's Degree in Business Administration is preferred
- Professional Certification in Human Resources is preferred
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Arabic is an advantage
- 15+ years of experience, with at least 4 years in L&D management position within a leading regional organization
- Significant experience in an international professional services environment, including Learning & Development
- In depth knowledge of human resource L&D management best practices
- Demonstrated experience in managing and delivery of L&D services at a large organization
- Proven experience in developing comprehensive L&D strategies and policies
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence Partners of LoS, Function Leads to meet the HC support needs of the business, while maintaining a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly understand key business challenges and strategic objectives and align Learning & Development strategy accordingly
- Ability to gather and analyse complex business requirements and advise on creative optimal solutions from a Learning perspective
- Excellent knowledge of latest market developments, best practices and trends in the Learning & Development domain
- A successful track record in leading and managing people
- Excellent interpersonal skills and approachability
- Strong conflict resolution/management skills
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.