Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our team helps PwC employees develop their individual and organisational skills, knowledge, and abilities. You'll help in the end to end development of employee training, career development, performance management, coaching, mentoring and organisation development.
(A career in People Analytics - you will deliver data-driven people insights to PwC leadership to support the driving of people, commercial, and key business decision-making processes within the firm)
(PwC is a people-based business, and our people are our greatest asset. To help prepare us to be fit for the future in a constantly changing world, it is crucial that our business makes data-driven decisions. The People Analytics function is responsible for delivering insights and solutions to PwC Leadership across a number of key people areas, including: leadership analytics, success profiling, performance and learning and development, attrition and retention, and satisfaction and culture.
As the People Analytics Data Scientist (Senior Associate), you'll support the function's agenda to deliver data-driven people insights to inform business decisions and strategy imperatives. Responsibilities for this role include
- Researching and developing statistical learning models for data analysis
- Implementing new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability
- Visualizing results and communicating ideas and actionable insights to senior team members and leadership
- Supporting people data-driven projects - inclusive of proof of concepts and enabling initiatives (e.g. data gathering, quality reviews, and data governance
- Working with the central Enterprise Data Team on building data models to support automated provision of analytics
- Optimizing joint development efforts through appropriate database use and model design
Additional Job Description - Preferred Skills
- Advanced degree in Data Science / Data Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar
- An understanding of machine learning concepts and its statistical & mathematical concepts, inclusive of predictive analysis
- A strong knowledge of database & big data management systems
- Ability to work with visualization tools, such as Tableau and Power BI
- High proficiency in object oriented and data manipulation programming languages, like Java, Python, R, SQL, and NoSQL
- Ability to relay insights in layman's terms, such that can be used for business decisions
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork
- Compliance with prevailing ethical standards
- Understanding of professional services firms and business models
Additional Job Description - Minimum Experience
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Data Science, preferably in People Analytics
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.